Local British idiot seeks advice

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
vla

Re: Local British idiot seeks advice

Post by vla » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:12 pm

agroot wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:00 pm
https://www.hsl.fi/en/tickets-and-fares/travel-card ?

Yes it does list double price. :shock: But why? Can't you load it a month later with normal price after you buy card?

What about the HSL app? Surely you don't need to get the permit before installing app and loading?
With the mobile HSL app you only can buy single and day tickets. If you want a season ticket, you need to login with bank account, so you will need to be resident anyway.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

AllieBee

Post by AllieBee » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:52 pm

Migri finally got back to me 2 days ago after my application back in October. They asked for proof of income for November and December from my workplace (pay slips and bank statements). After I sent them over, I was approved within 3 hours!

Now I have to return to maistraatti to register my muncipality and finally pursue Kela. Thanks all for the support - I feel I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel here :D

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:56 am

With the mobile HSL app you only can buy single and day tickets. If you want a season ticket, you need to login with bank account, so you will need to be resident anyway.
You can also buys 30 days seasonal ticket.