Permanent residence permit contract requirements

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
nanghelo

Post by nanghelo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:39 pm

Hi everyone, I have a question about permanent residence permits for work. I've spent a lot of time looking on migri.fi and other websites but I can't find an answer that's clear to me.

I know that you can apply for a permanent residence permit after being in Finland on a type A residence permit for four years. My question is, is this also possible on a fixed-term contract? Or does the work contract also need to be permanent in order to apply for permanent residence? I would like to continue looking for work in Finland to start when my contract concludes, and I don't want to take advantage of the system; I'm just wondering about my eligibility -- especially because applying for these permits over and over gets quite expensive for me and my family. My current contract will extend about a year and a half after the initial four-year period with a type A permit.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Piapia

Re: Permanent residence permit contract requirements

Post by Piapia » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi, from my own experience, I can say that you don't have to present a permanent work contract. Only the requirement is that the application must be eligible for A type permit, and the duration of your work contract (and your A type permit) must cover the period till you receive the decision for P permit.

nanghelo

Re: Permanent residence permit contract requirements

Post by nanghelo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:06 pm

Thanks! That's great to know.