Residence permit application

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Ousman

Post by Ousman » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:20 pm

I am non EU citizen but with a resident permit of an EU member country Italy, I have a fiancee who is a finnish citizen we've been in this relationship for almost 4 years she came to Italy couple times and I came to here in Finland couple times as well and stayed for 3months some times a months and sometimes weeks.... My last visit was in January this year and my residence permit from Italy was in renewal but still left with months for it to expired... When I needed to leave back to Italy we realize she was pregnant and I can't leave her alone so we decided that I stay here and support her, we love each other so much and her family loves me, since then I couldn't leave back to Italy and my residence permit from Italy is expired, which means I am in illigal in Finland.. Till I was arrested last month by police and taken to the airport to be deported back to Italy since am a residence there, my fiancee and her family spoke with the border police and they let me back in the country but made photocopies of my passport .... The question is.....
Now that now I have the joint custody and paternity, can I apply for a residence permit here in Finland?
Will there be no problems because my residence permit in Italy is still not processed but I have origal proves showing that its in renewal and I have the expired permit also.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic