How long do you have to wait for the card? Share your experience!

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
KattyTheKitty

Re: How long do you have to wait for the card? Share your experience!

Post by KattyTheKitty » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:57 pm

deepsudeep wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:29 pm
KattyTheKitty wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:57 am
I finally received my card last week. I took 4 weeks to get it. :D
4 weeks in Finland or abroad?
In Finland. We had a problem with posti, so migri contacted me and my husband. And migri decided to send my card as registered letters with my name and my husband as the receiver. My husband picked it up at the post office for me. :D

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

deepsudeep

Post by deepsudeep » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:23 pm

KattyTheKitty wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:57 pm

In Finland. We had a problem with posti, so migri contacted me and my husband. And migri decided to send my card as registered letters with my name and my husband as the receiver. My husband picked it up at the post office for me. :D
That makes sense now as to why it took so long. Its been 2 weeks since my approval and my embassy in India hasn't contacted me yet.

deepsudeep

Post by deepsudeep » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:18 pm

For reference, RP application as a postdoctoral researcher, applied from India online.
10/18/2018 We have received the processing fee for your application.
10/18/2018 We have received your application and it is pending.
11/14/2018 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.
11/14/2018 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
11/22/2018 A decision has been made on your application.
11/22/2018 The decision can be read on your user account.
11/22/2018 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.
11/22/2018 You have received the decision.
Took 2 more weeks to get the card in hand. I wish the Indian embassy was faster in giving the interview/biometrics which takes only 5 min.