Problem with posti

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Post Reply
KattyTheKitty
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:28 pm

Problem with posti

Post by KattyTheKitty » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:30 pm

So, Migri contacted me about the card that they have sent it to our address but got returned as UNKNOWN by posti. The address is correct, we have my name on our mailbox, so I dunno what's wrong with Posti?

This is not my first problem with posti. Neuvola sent me a letter for the first time, but It never showed up, and I know exactly that It was our mistake since we didn't have my name on our mailbox at the time since I have just moved to Finland, but now we have it and It's been there for two months and still never received anything anymore from Neuvola because the nurse asked me again If I have received some other letters from Neuvola, and ofc I said "NO". And now I have a problem again with Posti unable to send RP card and just returned it to migri as UNKNOWN. Anyone has similar experince? I'm quite dissapointed with it since I cannot track it. :cry:



Problem with posti

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

FinnGuyHelsinki
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Problem with posti

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Whenever there's something that you absolutely have to have, especially in a timely manner, use Posti only if there's no other alternative. Their service is all over the place, I just received a postcard three working days later than a friend of mine, sent from the same place at the same time, and we live ~500m from each other.


KattyTheKitty
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:28 pm

Re: Problem with posti

Post by KattyTheKitty » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:18 pm

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:51 pm
Whenever there's something that you absolutely have to have, especially in a timely manner, use Posti only if there's no other alternative. Their service is all over the place, I just received a postcard three working days later than a friend of mine, sent from the same place at the same time, and we live ~500m from each other.
The thing is the sender uses posti's service and I cannot complain about it because It's letters from the govermental office and posti is all over the place and easy to find and whatnot. But seriously, I'm getting quite frustrated about this delivery problems I have had. :|


FinnGuyHelsinki
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Problem with posti

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:54 am

KattyTheKitty wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:18 pm
The thing is the sender uses posti's service and I cannot complain about it because It's letters from the govermental office and posti is all over the place and easy to find and whatnot. But seriously, I'm getting quite frustrated about this delivery problems I have had. :|
By "all over the place" I meant that their service doesn't work as one could expect, wasn't referring to the abundance of their offices. I don't know about residency permit cards, but at least for some documents applied from the police it's possible to pick them up in person from the police station.


irnbru
Posts: 800
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:11 pm

Re: Problem with posti

Post by irnbru » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:43 am

They are shocking thesedays. They never bother even trying to deliver packages. Just straight to the post office and never the closest smartpost you specify as preferred. Then you may or may not get a text, email or card through the door. They only deliver about 3 days a week. But they'll constantly post advertising.


FinnGuyHelsinki
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Problem with posti

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:25 am

irnbru wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:43 am
They are shocking thesedays. They never bother even trying to deliver packages. Just straight to the post office and never the closest smartpost you specify as preferred. Then you may or may not get a text, email or card through the door. They only deliver about 3 days a week. But they'll constantly post advertising.
Regarding the text message notifications, with some mobile subcsriptions Posti and Matkahuolto notifications may not come through (while DHL and some others work fine). That's especially bad if one tries to use SmartPost, as the opening code is delivered via SMS and Posti is reluctant to give it any other way. I don't know whether the issue is with the operator or at the sending end. I and some ex-colleagues of mine had this with company paid Elisa subscriptions, nowadays I have Elisa (new subscription, same number) paid by my current employer without the same issue.


KattyTheKitty
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:28 pm

Re: Problem with posti

Post by KattyTheKitty » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:56 pm

irnbru wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:43 am
They are shocking thesedays. They never bother even trying to deliver packages. Just straight to the post office and never the closest smartpost you specify as preferred. Then you may or may not get a text, email or card through the door. They only deliver about 3 days a week. But they'll constantly post advertising.
Migri send the RP card as unregistered letter which means you won't get any tracking number or a text message when the card has arrived. I was quite shocked that posti had really terrible service (I thought delivery service in my home country was quite bad, but posti is beyond me! lol). They keep sending us those advertising, but reluctant to send me my card. how nice. :D


KattyTheKitty
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:28 pm

Re: Problem with posti

Post by KattyTheKitty » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:03 pm

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:25 am
irnbru wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:43 am
They are shocking thesedays. They never bother even trying to deliver packages. Just straight to the post office and never the closest smartpost you specify as preferred. Then you may or may not get a text, email or card through the door. They only deliver about 3 days a week. But they'll constantly post advertising.
Regarding the text message notifications, with some mobile subcsriptions Posti and Matkahuolto notifications may not come through (while DHL and some others work fine). That's especially bad if one tries to use SmartPost, as the opening code is delivered via SMS and Posti is reluctant to give it any other way. I don't know whether the issue is with the operator or at the sending end. I and some ex-colleagues of mine had this with company paid Elisa subscriptions, nowadays I have Elisa (new subscription, same number) paid by my current employer without the same issue.
[/quote

If I had options, I would ask migri to send it via another post delivery service. My card hasn't arrived, got returned to migri and migri got a note with "UNKNOWN". While I'm here waiting for it. :D Posti thinks I don't exist. lol


Post Reply