What is "Response to possible refusal of entry" in MP_1 form in Residence Permit application

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
jaatelo

Re: What is "Response to possible refusal of entry" in MP_1 form in Residence Permit application

Post by jaatelo » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:57 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:44 am
Your answers are useless and everyone should ignore them. I base this on the discussions I have had with a Migri employee who has processed those forms.
This post is not meant to scare anyone. My answers are not useless. Please think about it for a moment.

"Response to possible refusal of entry"

What should be your response if you are refused entry into Finland?

A country has denied you entry. That's a serious situation. Most people do not even consider this situation because they think that a resident permit application is pretty much guaranteed and these questions are based in theory. Let me tell you that they are not based in theory! Appeals do not always go in favor of the applicant and at the end of the day migri has the right to detain you if you stay after your visa has been cancelled or your permit has been refused. Immigration related detentions and deportations take place every day and people are sent to their home countries against their will.

I would advise any potential applicant to take their resident applications seriously and also be prepared for a situation where the resident permit is refused and therefore not risk detention. Here is a look inside the Metsälä, Helsinki immigration detention center, where a person who has been refused entry could spend a few uncomfortable nights sleeping next to some refugee applicant from North Africa.

Re: What is "Response to possible refusal of entry" in MP_1 form in Residence Permit application

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:19 pm

jaatelo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:57 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:44 am
Your answers are useless and everyone should ignore them. I base this on the discussions I have had with a Migri employee who has processed those forms.
This post is not meant to scare anyone. My answers are not useless. Please think about it for a moment.

"Response to possible refusal of entry"

What should be your response if you are refused entry into Finland?

A country has denied you entry. That's a serious situation. Most people do not even consider this situation because they think that a resident permit application is pretty much guaranteed and these questions are based in theory. Let me tell you that they are not based in theory! Appeals do not always go in favor of the applicant and at the end of the day migri has the right to detain you if you stay after your visa has been cancelled or your permit has been refused. Immigration related detentions and deportations take place every day and people are sent to their home countries against their will.
You should read section 121 to see when detention is actually possible. It’s not possible just because Migri has given a negative decision on a residence permit application.

https://www.finlex.fi/en/laki/kaannokse ... 040301.pdf

MP_1 fills the duty spelled out on section 145. Migri asks it already during the original application because some people disappear later in the process when refusal of entry is considered.

jaatelo

Post by jaatelo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:52 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:19 pm
You should read section 121 to see when detention is actually possible. It’s not possible just because Migri has given a negative decision on a residence permit application.
Betelgeuse is spot on with the law. Lots of respect for you sir and I hope you will be appointed district court judge one day (no sarcasm, he is really good with law). However, a normal person should never have to read section 121 of the Alien's Act to see when and if detention is actually possible. It talks about risk of absconding, meaning when an immigrant had a negative decision and now he is on the run inside the country, hiding from authorities, hiding from police, and migri and everyone else.

This circumstance is almost impossible here. I was in a shopping mall in Finland a few days ago talking to a security guard who told me they have installed facial recognition cameras to prevent illegal activity when a recognized person enters the mall, security is alerted and they are caught. Your face is your best enemy.

Section 121a (49/2017) Risk of absconding

How can anyone ever abscond here? There is nowhere to hide in Finland. Let's say you are an alien who has absconded, how are you going to survive in Finland without a job? You will be caught in a matter of days with this new facial recognition technology. Please do yourself a favor and return to your home country if a resident permit is refused.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:03 am

jaatelo wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:52 am
I was in a shopping mall in Finland a few days ago talking to a security guard who told me they have installed facial recognition cameras to prevent illegal activity when a recognized person enters the mall, security is alerted and they are caught. Your face is your best enemy.
Given that this requires handling what GDPR classifies as sensitive data and automated decision making, I would be quite interested to see their privacy policy. I don't see a way to implement this legally.

"Generally, the processing of biometric data, which is classified as a special category of personal data, is prohibited under GDPR in the absence of consent or direct legal grounds based on GDPR or other legislation."

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail ... 6b2b281345