What is "Response to possible refusal of entry" in MP_1 form in Residence Permit application

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
_doctor

What is "Response to possible refusal of entry" in MP_1 form in Residence Permit application

Post by _doctor » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:14 pm

Hi All

I am a Finnish citizen and my wife is about to apply for her first residence permit in Finland.

English isn't my native language unfortunately, so I can't quite understand the questions in the MP_1 form.
- Are you opposed to your refusal of entry and prohibition of entry?
- Is a family member of yours residing in Finland opposed to your refusal of entry and prohibition of entry?
- Are you opposed to your visa being cancelled?

What do these questions mean? :/
Do they want to know if the family is going to be disappointed in case of rejection? - Yes, but that is obvious, isn't it?

Or do they want to know what we are going to do in case of rejection?
Something like "Husband will probably have to quit his Finnish job and family is going to leave Finland in grief"?

P.S.
This form - https://migri.fi/documents/5202425/5790 ... 8en%29.pdf

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: What is "Response to possible refusal of entry" in MP_1 form in Residence Permit application

Post by Beep_Boop » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:47 pm

_doctor wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:14 pm
English isn't my native language unfortunately, so I can't quite understand the questions in the MP_1 form.
Here's the form in Finnish https://migri.fi/documents/5202425/6287 ... 8fi%29.pdf
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

_doctor

Re: What is "Response to possible refusal of entry" in MP_1 form in Residence Permit application

Post by _doctor » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Finnish isn't my native either (though I speak some). Anyways what words mean seem to be clear, but what they actually want to know isn't :/
Or maybe I misunderstand things and everything is much simpler?
Do they just want how we'll react to possible refusal as in "do you have any other country to go to?"?

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:47 am

I cannot tell you what to answer, but I can tell you that you're over-complicating it. That section is just to make it theoretically easier to deport you in case your application is denied.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:14 am

_doctor wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:47 pm
Finnish isn't my native either (though I speak some). Anyways what words mean seem to be clear, but what they actually want to know isn't :/
The truth. If you don't know, you can say so.

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:04 pm

_doctor wrote:
Or do they want to know what we are going to do in case of rejection?
Yes, that's exactly what they're asking. Why and what possible implications any answer in any situation may bring, I have no idea.

_doctor

Post by _doctor » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:38 pm

Thank you, guys! Seems clear enough now.

irsoh

Post by irsoh » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:36 pm

any help concerning this form? id like to know what was your answer? because im in the same situation now and im very confused about this form.
Thanks!

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:37 pm

I did not need to fill that form,.. having an EU passport and all.. but my answer would be:

"I have not considered it a possibility to happen, but my lawyer will probably answer that when it is needed". 8)

including the emoji.

:lol:

But seriously, I do believe mentioning that you will appeal the decision does no harm, it gives them at least the drive to make a well funded fair decision and not just rubber stamp it with denied!!
But ... that is just my idea....
It could also be that they have friends that are lawyers and want to be nice to them and give them more work to do..so to create revenue for them, in that case they deny your application.
Then again, if they are really smart and have heart for the countries finances, they will maybe just grant you access instead, because that will prevent a public (state) legal help officer from needing to be paid by the government for helping a poor immigrant without assets...(if you are such).

When the handling employee is more of a Perus Suomalainen kind of person, the option of:
Something like "Husband will probably have to quit his Finnish job and family is going to leave Finland in grief"?
could be the desired outcome...

Then again.. I do not have a crystal ball so... take your pick... maybe the simplest answer is the best: "euh don't know"

:lol:

_doctor

Post by _doctor » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:41 pm

irsoh wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:36 pm
any help concerning this form? id like to know what was your answer? because im in the same situation now and im very confused about this form.
Thanks!
We replied very similarly to all three questions. Something like "My husband has got a good job in Finland. If we get a refusal then we'll have to move to another country that can accept us together" that was actually quite precise truth. Worked well for us, though certainly I can't know how important these particular answers were.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:33 pm

_doctor wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:41 pm
irsoh wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:36 pm
Thanks!
We replied very similarly to all three questions. Something like "My husband has got a good job in Finland. If we get a refusal then we'll have to move to another country that can accept us together" that was actually quite precise truth. Worked well for us, though certainly I can't know how important these particular answers were.
If the decision is positive, the answers are ignored.

jaatelo

Post by jaatelo » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:21 am

_doctor wrote:
- Is a family member of yours residing in Finland opposed to your refusal of entry and prohibition of entry?
Here are the answers:

No, we are not opposed to this. It is your country and you can do as you please.

No, we are not opposed to this. It is your country and you can do as you please.

Piet

Post by Piet » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:38 pm

jaatelo wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:21 am
_doctor wrote:
Here are the answers:

Really? What is wrong with you? You should change your nickname into Ice-p(r)ick!

The phrase:
it is your country you can do as you please.
..is wrong in so many ways it is not even funny any-more. You would suggest with that phrase that immigration laws are there for no reason at all...

This is so obviously trolling everyone here that wants to have information on how to get to Finland, I wonder why Neil did not ban you yet...

You are not being helpful, you are offensive and you are a fraud, telling you are in Alabama and before in Turkey with a Spanish wife, and then another post on how to catch someone who hit your car when parked here in Finland, so obviously you are residing in Finland....
Basically I do not get it why the thread with the verbal discontent between you and Nukkumatti is suddenly locked, have never seen a locked thread here on the board... I guess maybe Neil is catching up with you...it would be justified!
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

jaatelo

Post by jaatelo » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:43 am

Piet wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:38 pm
You are not being helpful, you are offensive and you are a fraud, telling you are in Alabama and before in Turkey with a Spanish wife, and then another post on how to catch someone who hit your car when parked here in Finland, so obviously you are residing in Finland....
Basically I do not get it why the thread with the verbal discontent between you and Nukkumatti is suddenly locked, have never seen a locked thread here on the board... I guess maybe Neil is catching up with you...it would be justified!
Hey Piet, I don't know why you have half a dozen flags in your signature but good for you for trying to be multinational. However, my answers for this form MP_1 are correct. As an applicant for a resident permit, you are asking for permission to stay in the country for a certain period of time yes? And if that permission is denied, and the country says NO that it won't grant you a permit then as a good human being it is your responsibility to leave the country without making a fuss. Without asserting your rights as a foreign national because you don't have the right to be here in the first place! You asked for permission, it was denied and you move along.

Also, the only Neil I am aware of is, neil armstrong, the guy who went to the moon. Any other neil is a fake story. Lock my thread and zip your pants. Do whatever you want.

Yes?

:)

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:44 am

jaatelo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:43 am
Piet wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:38 pm
Hey Piet, I don't know why you have half a dozen flags in your signature but good for you for trying to be multinational. However, my answers for this form MP_1 are correct. As an applicant for a resident permit, you are asking for permission to stay in the country for a certain period of time yes? And if that permission is denied, and the country says NO that it won't grant you a permit then as a good human being it is your responsibility to leave the country without making a fuss. Without asserting your rights as a foreign national because you don't have the right to be here in the first place! You asked for permission, it was denied and you move along.

Also, the only Neil I am aware of is, neil armstrong, the guy who went to the moon. Any other neil is a fake story. Lock my thread and zip your pants. Do whatever you want.
Your answers are useless and everyone should ignore them. I base this on the discussions I have had with a Migri employee who has processed those forms.