Job and resident permit

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Milindkulkarni

Job and resident permit

Post by Milindkulkarni » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:29 pm

Resident permit can't be granted without job ?

Finish companies are favorable to offer job who is already in Finland. So how can anyone outside of EU countries can get RP ?

Te office required bank code or mobile registration
Without this one cannot register in TE office. So how can one get job ?

Most of the time finish companies don't answer emails
So I am not able to know actually were is the problem
I am product inventor, with few patents. I could be useful for product development companies, research universities etc.

I am trying to get in touch with local individual who can help but could not find anyone.
Some help appriciated.

Job and resident permit

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Job and resident permit

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:42 pm

Milindkulkarni wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:29 pm
Resident permit can't be granted without job ?
Depends on what you're basing the residence permit application on. If it's work, and if you don't have any, kind of makes sense that you're not eligible for a permit, right?

It is stated in the law - stemming from EU - that EU residents come first. It is possible to hire from outside EU, but that requires the employer to prove that no suitable candidates weren't available from within the EU. With the extra hassle it involves, obviously you will have to have something beyond ordinary to offer to get that treatment.

As for getting a job, your previous experience matters, so get your CV in order. Create a profile in LinkedIn, unless you already have one, and see what's available there. Many jobs go through acquaintances, a good word from someone the employer knows (i.e. trusts) goes a long way. Don't let that put you down, however, there are jobs out there if you have the skills - and have something to show for them - that are in demand.

deepsudeep

Re: Job and resident permit

Post by deepsudeep » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:01 pm

Germany has job seeker visa, Finland doesn't.