Is it possible for me to be accepted as a refugee?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
aodhagan

Post by aodhagan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:13 pm

I'm living in Russia and it is quite probable I'll be conscripted for serving in the Russian army. But it is also probable I'll be in quite harsh relationship with local ethnic minorities which I can't, most likely, stand against because I won't get any help from others. So I have several questions:

1. Is it even possible for someone, especially a person with white skin, to get asylum because he or she is in hazard of being persecuted due to being related to the major ethnic group of people in his or her home country by ethnic minorities?
2. If it is, where can I view accepted and rejected asylum application cases in Finland?
3. What kinds of information sources should I use to prove myself?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

heretostay

Re: Is it possible for me to be accepted as a refugee?

Post by heretostay » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:09 pm

I think you might have better luck with Sweden or Norway. As you can see from the stats, Russians are very rarely granted asylum in Finland.

http://tilastot.migri.fi/#decisions/23330/49?l=en

aodhagan

Post by aodhagan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:17 pm

You might have guessed I'm asking this question because I'm in doubt that my case has a chance to win. Do you think I may try to apply for asylum or it is better for me to find another way out?

vla

Post by vla » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:37 am

aodhagan wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:17 pm
You might have guessed I'm asking this question because I'm in doubt that my case has a chance to win. Do you think I may try to apply for asylum or it is better for me to find another way out?
In my opinion, it doesn't sound very convincing and I guess it would be difficult for you to get asylum. It doesn't sound logic that you need any kind of protection when you are in an army, at least protection from outside the army itself.

I don't know all of the background and the situation you may face.

But again this is only my opinion. I don't know what other ways you may have.

aodhagan

Post by aodhagan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:47 am

vla wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:37 am

In my opinion, it doesn't sound very convincing and I guess it would be difficult for you to get asylum. It doesn't sound logic that you need any kind of protection when you are in an army, at least protection from outside the army itself.

I don't know all of the background and the situation you may face.

But again this is only my opinion. I don't know what other ways you may have.
Maybe you misunderstood me, if I get conscripted, I'll be in the same place as they are, and this causes the trouble. I am not in danger as long as I am not in the army itself. But this seems impossible to avoid conscripting.

How much money normally an attorney takes for preparing the case? I don't have much unfortunately