Getting married on a tourist visa

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
agksam

Post by agksam » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:19 pm

Hello,
I am a Finnish residence but I am thinking of getting married to my fiancee here in Finland when she comes with a tourist visa.
Is it a possibility to get married to her here in Finland while she's one tourist visa?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Getting married on a tourist visa

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:27 am

agksam wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:19 pm
I am a Finnish residence but I am thinking of getting married to my fiancee here in Finland when she comes with a tourist visa.
Is it a possibility to get married to her here in Finland while she's one tourist visa?
Yes.

hiworld

Post by hiworld » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:13 pm

yup, I have done that this year and in the same time I applied for residence permit and I received it within a week :)

agksam

Post by agksam » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:12 am

Wow thank you very much for your kind answers. I really appreciate.

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:10 pm

Hi,

Yes you can but doesn't mean she will receive her residence permit in 1 week it can take up to 9 months or more. Until the RP decision she will be classed as a tourist so can't work claim benefits etc, and she will need health insurance. RP applications are treated individually and not always straight forward. To get married here she will need a Certificate from her country to prove she is single and as far as I remember this must be in Finnish or English.
You can find info about marriage at https://www.maistraatti.fi/yhteystiedot. Good Luck!

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:23 am

bm50 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:10 pm
To get married here she will need a Certificate from her country to prove she is single and as far as I remember this must be in Finnish or English.
You can find info about marriage at https://www.maistraatti.fi/yhteystiedot. Good Luck!
And to get married ie. with Thai girl, that paper have to be approved at finnish embassy
at Bangkok. And after that, it is very hard to get visitor visa nowadays...