Tourist visa for parents

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
hiworld

Tourist visa for parents

Post by hiworld » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:20 pm

I'm holding a residence permit type A and come to Finland for less than a year. I want to invite my parents to visit me in Finland. I am concern if they could get a tourist visa if I am the one who sponsor them from here because I am unemployed and I moved here less than a year but I miss them and I want them to see where I live....

Have anyone done this recently? any tips? FYI - I am from southeast asia

Tourist visa for parents

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

vla

Re: Tourist visa for parents

Post by vla » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:37 am

hiworld wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:20 pm
I'm holding a residence permit type A and come to Finland for less than a year. I want to invite my parents to visit me in Finland. I am concern if they could get a tourist visa if I am the one who sponsor them from here because I am unemployed and I moved here less than a year but I miss them and I want them to see where I live....

Have anyone done this recently? any tips? FYI - I am from southeast asia
You have to prove that you can provide the incoming request for them both. How can you do that if you don’t have a job?

On what grounds have you got your permit?

hiworld

Post by hiworld » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi Vla,

I'm married to a finnish citizen, however he is a freelancer so no stable income. My parents will stay at our place so basically there will be no much expense for them, just flight ticket so I just hope that the embassy who issue on visa can see that.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:47 pm

Your parents may have to prove strong ties to their home country. In other words assurances that they will return home and not overstay their visa.

vla

Post by vla » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:37 pm

hiworld wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:26 pm
Hi Vla,

I'm married to a finnish citizen, however he is a freelancer so no stable income. My parents will stay at our place so basically there will be no much expense for them, just flight ticket so I just hope that the embassy who issue on visa can see that.
There is a requirement anyway of how much money they need on a daily basis. I think it’s 30€ per day per person. They still need to eat and everything so to have a place to stay it’s not enough. And if they’re entering with a tourist visa they would supposed be doing tourism so they will need money for transportation and maybe some activities.

The authorities will definitively ask for this and also the return tickets.

Noon

Post by Noon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:23 am

Why tourist visa?? Why not visiting family/friends visa.