Residence permit supplementary request

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Matteo22

Post by Matteo22 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:24 pm

Hey guys
I need information from you guys:wink:
I applied for residence permit 10/1/2019 online via enterfinland basis of family ties, spouse of a finnish citizen. one week later they requested for "additional information" with 18 more questions. does that mean the process has started already? It's still on waiting for processing.

I am greatful as you reply

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Residence permit supplementary request

Post by tavastia » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

No. Does it show as started? or just waiting for processing? There are checks done for the applications before they are processed just to speed up the processing.

Matteo22

Post by Matteo22 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:04 pm

It's waiting for processing even after i repplied to the additional information, it's still on waiting for processing.
I am just wondering if the additional information request is a sign that they have started the process.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:26 pm

Matteo22 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:04 pm
It's waiting for processing even after i repplied to the additional information, it's still on waiting for processing.
I am just wondering if the additional information request is a sign that they have started the process.
No. It wouldn't say waiting for processing if it would have started...
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:59 pm

No. Sometimes they will ask for supplemental information before the processing begins. At least it means that once your process starts, it will be a little shorter maybe.

Matteo22

Post by Matteo22 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:52 pm

I got a decision from migri today and now i am waiting for the residence card. The whole process takes exactly 2 weeks. I am so happy, at least now i can start doing something with my time.😄

Good luck to those waiting for decision👏

elNino

Post by elNino » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:52 pm

Congrats Bro, Wish you the best!

Did you apply from Finland or abroad ?

Matteo22

Post by Matteo22 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:07 am

Thank you.

I applied in Finland, i move to Finland from Germany, i already have a residence permit from one of the schengen countries. I think that was while it was quite fast to get decision from them.

Best wishes, hope you get positive decision soon👏

elNino

Post by elNino » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:50 pm

Thank you for your reply and for your wishes :thumbsup:

all the best :)

suomenkansa10

Post by suomenkansa10 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:14 am

Matteo22 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:52 pm
I got a decision from migri today and now i am waiting for the residence card. The whole process takes exactly 2 weeks. I am so happy, at least now i can start doing something with my time.😄

Good luck to those waiting for decision👏
Congratz mate ! Did you have to submit your marriage certificate with some kind of notary or other attestation? Because I once read somewhere that if applicant is a non Finn, he/ she should have some kind of legalization of their marriage certificate from the Finnish embassy of their hone country. Could you please shed some light on this matter? Thanks :)

Matteo22

Post by Matteo22 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:53 am

Thank you 😊

Yes i submitted only my marriage certificate. I didn't have to legalize or take it to Finnish embassy in my home country because I got married in Finland, so the certificate was issued in Finland no legalization needed.

Have you applied for residence permit? If yes. What is the situation and how is it going?

suomenkansa10

Post by suomenkansa10 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:46 pm

Matteo22 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:53 am
Thank you 😊

Yes i submitted only my marriage certificate. I didn't have to legalize or take it to Finnish embassy in my home country because I got married in Finland, so the certificate was issued in Finland no legalization needed.

Have you applied for residence permit? If yes. What is the situation and how is it going?
Hello bro ! No I haven’t applied. I am still single 😀 I am asking for a friend but he had told me that even if you get married in Finland, you need to obtain a certificate from your country of origin which confirms that you are not married in your home country (in other words a certificate obtained by your home country, attested by Finnish embassy and declaring your marital status). Did you have to have that? :) Thanks.

Iftikharshah

Post by Iftikharshah » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:15 pm

Today I received migri positive decision after me and my wife 38 questions questions request.so happy after almost five and half months later I got positive decision.best wishes for all.