Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
FinlandGirl
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:43 am

Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:24 am

darubillah wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:35 pm
I am working as a web developer in a software house, and in migri website its written that you can be able to work in middle or top position of a company, so i believe i am in the middle position of a company.
Read properly what migri says:
https://migri.fi/en/intimate-relationship
Migri wrote: in the top or middle management of a company or in a specialist position requiring special skills
A web developer is not a manager.
darubillah wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:45 am
FinlandGirl wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:07 pm
darubillah wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:35 pm


I am working as a web developer in a software house,
What is your current RP and why can't you extend that one?
Right now my application for asylum is in process for past three years, i have reappealed for once. so still waiting for court decision.

so that why i want to apply for RP on some other grounds.
If you would be allowed to work in your current job with the other grounds residence permit, then you should also qualify for the residence permit as specialist. With 1 month processing time this is the fastest residence permit:
https://migri.fi/en/specialist/en

As said, it is impossible to predict how actual processing times will be right now.



Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

Sharkbait4
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Post by Sharkbait4 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:34 pm

aambuchholz wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:14 pm
This forum has been very helpful - thank you to all that have posted!

Hoping someone can help with a related question - for the income requirement, does your partner have to prove the funds for a sustained period of time? Or just prove they meet in the income requirement on the most recent bank statement?

Thanks!
Hi. Per MIGRI:

“Income requirement

You have secure means of support.

You cannot secure your means of support with benefits paid by the society, or with the income and savings of your partner who lives in Finland. The income of your partner who lives in Finland is not taken into account because under Finnish law, he or she is not considered to be your family member.

The funds you need to have to meet the income requirement (EUR 1,000 per month for one adult) must be freely available to you, for example in your personal bank account.”

As for my case, I included my official bank statement with 20,000€ savings at the time, plus copies of assets/properties that I own (not mortgaged, fully paid). They asked these documents again from my partner when they sent her questions regarding our relationship.

The Residence Permit on Other Grounds is usually for 12 months (mine was) so yes, it needs to be for at least that length of time.

Sharkbait4
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Post by Sharkbait4 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:46 pm

Nakki wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:02 pm
Hi everyone!

It is nice to share an experience here. It seems this is the only place I found related to this topic
.
I have also applied for https://migri.fi/en/intimate-relationship visa in the middle of March, within one week I received mail with 10 questions. I sent in the midnight and the next morning received requests for extra attachments. It seems in my case is super fast, maybe because I am here in Finland.

According to the below messages I was expecting questing to come in at least in 2-3 month but I have received them in one week.
Anyway, I will keep updated here. Good luck everyone who is waiting and stay safe!
Yes, it is fast once you’re here already. My Residence Permit based on Family Ties was granted after 24 hours-ish (calculating business/working days, not the weekend). I applied Friday morning (January 31st) and got the positive decision Monday morning (February 3rd) of this year. The inspector actually told us that if she can’t give the decision by Friday afternoon, then the latest would be Monday. :)

Sharkbait4
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Post by Sharkbait4 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:56 pm

darubillah wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:39 am
Nakki wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:02 pm
Hi everyone!

It is nice to share an experience here. It seems this is the only place I found related to this topic
.
I have also applied for https://migri.fi/en/intimate-relationship visa in the middle of March, within one week I received mail with 10 questions. I sent in the midnight and the next morning received requests for extra attachments. It seems in my case is super fast, maybe because I am here in Finland.

According to the below messages I was expecting questing to come in at least in 2-3 month but I have received them in one week.
Anyway, I will keep updated here. Good luck everyone who is waiting and stay safe!
Hey Nakki,

I am also looking forward to apply on this basis, I want to know about income do we have to show reserved funds?
I am already in finland and working so i and my partner both have a job and having been living together for 3 years.

So about income what documents did you give?
If you’re already in Finland (and working), why do you need Other Grounds RP? It’s temporary. You don’t have a Residence permit for an employed person (TTOL)?

If your partner already has an RP, you can apply for Family Ties:

“Residence permit application based on family ties when your spouse has a residence permit in Finland

Apply with this application for a residence permit if your spouse has a residence permit in Finland. Your husband or wife, your registered same-sex partner or your cohabiting partner who you have lived with for at least two years in a marriage-like relationship or with whom you have joint custody of a child is considered a spouse.”

darubillah
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:31 am

Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Post by darubillah » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:42 pm

Sharkbait4 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:56 pm
darubillah wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:39 am
Nakki wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:02 pm
Hi everyone!

It is nice to share an experience here. It seems this is the only place I found related to this topic
.
I have also applied for https://migri.fi/en/intimate-relationship visa in the middle of March, within one week I received mail with 10 questions. I sent in the midnight and the next morning received requests for extra attachments. It seems in my case is super fast, maybe because I am here in Finland.

According to the below messages I was expecting questing to come in at least in 2-3 month but I have received them in one week.
Anyway, I will keep updated here. Good luck everyone who is waiting and stay safe!
Hey Nakki,

I am also looking forward to apply on this basis, I want to know about income do we have to show reserved funds?
I am already in finland and working so i and my partner both have a job and having been living together for 3 years.

So about income what documents did you give?
If you’re already in Finland (and working), why do you need Other Grounds RP? It’s temporary. You don’t have a Residence permit for an employed person (TTOL)?

If your partner already has an RP, you can apply for Family Ties:

“Residence permit application based on family ties when your spouse has a residence permit in Finland

Apply with this application for a residence permit if your spouse has a residence permit in Finland. Your husband or wife, your registered same-sex partner or your cohabiting partner who you have lived with for at least two years in a marriage-like relationship or with whom you have joint custody of a child is considered a spouse.”
No i dont have RP, my asylum case is in process so i am allowed to work.

Regarding family ties do you have any idea how much time it would take?

Sharkbait4
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Post by Sharkbait4 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:07 pm

darubillah wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:42 pm
Sharkbait4 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:56 pm
darubillah wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:39 am


Hey Nakki,

I am also looking forward to apply on this basis, I want to know about income do we have to show reserved funds?
I am already in finland and working so i and my partner both have a job and having been living together for 3 years.

So about income what documents did you give?
If you’re already in Finland (and working), why do you need Other Grounds RP? It’s temporary. You don’t have a Residence permit for an employed person (TTOL)?

If your partner already has an RP, you can apply for Family Ties:

“Residence permit application based on family ties when your spouse has a residence permit in Finland

Apply with this application for a residence permit if your spouse has a residence permit in Finland. Your husband or wife, your registered same-sex partner or your cohabiting partner who you have lived with for at least two years in a marriage-like relationship or with whom you have joint custody of a child is considered a spouse.”
No i dont have RP, my asylum case is in process so i am allowed to work.

Regarding family ties do you have any idea how much time it would take?
It really depends on how long is the investigation, interviews, income requirements (if applicable), among other things. Some 5 - 9 months, sometimes it’s quicker than expected. It really depends. Mine took less than 24 hours (counting business days only). I think this is because I am already in Finland and I have an existing RP on Other Grounds.

darubillah
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:31 am

Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Post by darubillah » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:04 pm

Sharkbait4 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:07 pm
darubillah wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:42 pm

No i dont have RP, my asylum case is in process so i am allowed to work.

Regarding family ties do you have any idea how much time it would take?
It really depends on how long is the investigation, interviews, income requirements (if applicable), among other things. Some 5 - 9 months, sometimes it’s quicker than expected. It really depends. Mine took less than 24 hours (counting business days only). I think this is because I am already in Finland and I have an existing RP on Other Grounds.
yeah i guess so thats why you got it so soon, I am looking into to apply on family ties, Can you please tell me from where i can get this (extract from a register of occupants) document? I do have a rent agreement but only my GF's name is mentioned on it, i registered on apartment later on.

also is there any lawyer who you can refer who is expert in it as my case is bit complicated.

Sharkbait4
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Post by Sharkbait4 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:11 pm

darubillah wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:04 pm
Sharkbait4 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:07 pm
darubillah wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:42 pm

No i dont have RP, my asylum case is in process so i am allowed to work.

Regarding family ties do you have any idea how much time it would take?
It really depends on how long is the investigation, interviews, income requirements (if applicable), among other things. Some 5 - 9 months, sometimes it’s quicker than expected. It really depends. Mine took less than 24 hours (counting business days only). I think this is because I am already in Finland and I have an existing RP on Other Grounds.
yeah i guess so thats why you got it so soon, I am looking into to apply on family ties, Can you please tell me from where i can get this (extract from a register of occupants) document? I do have a rent agreement but only my GF's name is mentioned on it, i registered on apartment later on.

also is there any lawyer who you can refer who is expert in it as my case is bit complicated.
Talonkirjaote? Hmm. I believe the authorities obtain residence details from the population information system, and they do have a centralized one so you just need an extract from the population system (Maistraatti).

If you really need it, I think it is provided by the maintenance company. If, for any reason, they don’t have one, then you can ask from the property manager's office. If you have made a move notification to the housing association, then this won’t be a problem. PLEASE ask other people about this, not 100% sure about this.

jarikaija
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:28 pm
Location: Finland Ylikiiminki
Contact:

Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Post by jarikaija » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:10 pm

Sharkbait4 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:11 pm
PLEASE ask other people about this, not 100% sure about this.
All information on MAISTRAATTI! is available electronically for MIGRI. IF applicant registered
to finnish population system.

MIGRI HAVE TO (this is on the law) try to get needed information from maistraatti by themself on first hand!

I had case about this thing with migri and they had to step back... (about my previous marriage and kids)

Sharkbait4
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Post by Sharkbait4 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:35 pm

jarikaija wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:10 pm
Sharkbait4 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:11 pm
PLEASE ask other people about this, not 100% sure about this.
All information on MAISTRAATTI! is available electronically for MIGRI. IF applicant registered
to finnish population system.

MIGRI HAVE TO (this is on the law) try to get needed information from maistraatti by themself on first hand!

I had case about this thing with migri and they had to step back... (about my previous marriage and kids)
I know. I’ve been in the process with MIGRI, Maistraatti, Police, the Bank, etc. I’ve e-mailed and spoken to a lot of officials before applying for my other grounds RP and my Family Ties RP. I know the process and I know that everything are in detail on their websites. Plus you can’t compare one person’s experience from another. His situation is complicated that’s why I’m trying give him information one step at a time. What I meant with asking other people is about the maintenance company.

FinlandGirl
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:43 am

Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:45 pm

Sharkbait4 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:35 pm
jarikaija wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:10 pm
Sharkbait4 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:11 pm
PLEASE ask other people about this, not 100% sure about this.
All information on MAISTRAATTI! is available electronically for MIGRI. IF applicant registered
to finnish population system.

MIGRI HAVE TO (this is on the law) try to get needed information from maistraatti by themself on first hand!

I had case about this thing with migri and they had to step back... (about my previous marriage and kids)
I know. I’ve been in the process with MIGRI, Maistraatti, Police, the Bank, etc. I’ve e-mailed and spoken to a lot of officials before applying for my other grounds RP and my Family Ties RP. I know the process and I know that everything are in detail on their websites. Plus you can’t compare one person’s experience from another. His situation is complicated that’s why I’m trying give him information one step at a time. What I meant with asking other people is about the maintenance company.
If it is easy to get from the landlord or maintenance company, or if he already has some documentation about that from when he moved, there is no harm attaching it.

If it is not attached and Migri actually needs it, they will ask for it.

What really matters is that the information in the Population System states that they have been living in the same apartment for the past 2 years.

rickx1234
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:00 pm

Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Post by rickx1234 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:31 am

darubillah wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:04 pm
Sharkbait4 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:07 pm
darubillah wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:42 pm

No i dont have RP, my asylum case is in process so i am allowed to work.

Regarding family ties do you have any idea how much time it would take?
It really depends on how long is the investigation, interviews, income requirements (if applicable), among other things. Some 5 - 9 months, sometimes it’s quicker than expected. It really depends. Mine took less than 24 hours (counting business days only). I think this is because I am already in Finland and I have an existing RP on Other Grounds.
yeah i guess so thats why you got it so soon, I am looking into to apply on family ties, Can you please tell me from where i can get this (extract from a register of occupants) document? I do have a rent agreement but only my GF's name is mentioned on it, i registered on apartment later on.

also is there any lawyer who you can refer who is expert in it as my case is bit complicated.
I had my application on the same ground 5 years ago and all they needed at that time were talonkirjaote which you can get from the property management company in charge of the current residential premises. At that time they also checked my bank account whether i managed to support myself financially without any public funding, that was about 1000€ per month, so that's 12000€ per year. Your gf's income should be disregarded as you and she are not from migri's perspective family members at this moment.

Hope2000
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:58 pm

Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Post by Hope2000 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:40 pm

Hi, my name is Hope and I am 20 living in Helsinki. I study here in University and have a continuous Residency Permit. My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 5 months and he lives in the US/is US citizen. We previously went to school together, were not dating at that time, but we have known each other for 4 years. After dating for 5 months long distance, he has finished high school in the US and is looking to move to Finland so we can be together. I have a lease for an apartment in Helsinki and I am able to cover my rent costs with the study and housing grant provided to me through Kela. Otherwise, neither of us have enough money to pay for his enrollment in University here so he can just get a study visa. I got into Uni for free since I am already a resident and have been living here 3 years, so I only have a few thousand in savings.

I am wondering a few things:
1. What is the probability is of him being granted a RP on the basis of an intimate relationship if we have only been dating for 5 months and it did not start in person?
2. Would he be allowed to work in Finland to further prove his ability to financially sustain himself?
3. If I were paying the rent and he was still making the required 12000EUR per year, would this still be considered a sustainable income for him if he is not contributing to rent costs? (he would contribute to other costs like groceries, HSL seasonal travel tickets, water/electricity bills, etc.)
4. If he has limited work experience in the US (i.e a couple months working as seasonal employee making approx. 1400USD per month), would the bank statements from this work experience be enough to further prove his ability to sustain himself financially?
5. Is there some sort of trial period he can take, for example being permitted to work in Finland for a year to see if he could sustain himself?

I have searched through migri.fi and suomi.fi far and wide, and I am still confused on a few topics. Sorry for all the questions, but it would be really great to hear from people with similar experiences so I can better understand what to expect :)

FinlandGirl
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:43 am

Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:42 pm

Hope2000 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:40 pm
Hi, my name is Hope and I am 20 living in Helsinki. I study here in University and have a continuous Residency Permit. My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 5 months and he lives in the US/is US citizen. We previously went to school together, were not dating at that time, but we have known each other for 4 years. After dating for 5 months long distance, he has finished high school in the US and is looking to move to Finland so we can be together. I have a lease for an apartment in Helsinki and I am able to cover my rent costs with the study and housing grant provided to me through Kela. Otherwise, neither of us have enough money to pay for his enrollment in University here so he can just get a study visa. I got into Uni for free since I am already a resident and have been living here 3 years, so I only have a few thousand in savings.

I am wondering a few things:
1. What is the probability is of him being granted a RP on the basis of an intimate relationship if we have only been dating for 5 months and it did not start in person?
How often and for how long have you been together in person during these 5 months?
Hope2000 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:40 pm
2. Would he be allowed to work in Finland
No.
Hope2000 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:40 pm
3. If I were paying the rent and he was still making the required 12000EUR per year, would this still be considered a sustainable income for him if he is not contributing to rent costs? (he would contribute to other costs like groceries, HSL seasonal travel tickets, water/electricity bills, etc.)
He has to prove he has the money, there is no requirement that he spends the money.
Hope2000 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:40 pm
4. If he has limited work experience in the US (i.e a couple months working as seasonal employee making approx. 1400USD per month), would the bank statements from this work experience be enough to further prove his ability to sustain himself financially?
What would this prove?
Even if he was allowed to work, unskilled labour without fluent Finnish has no realistic chance of finding a job in Finland.
Hope2000 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:40 pm
5. Is there some sort of trial period he can take, for example being permitted to work in Finland for a year to see if he could sustain himself?
He is not permitted to work in Finland on the intimate relationship RP.
If against all odds he gets a job offered in Finland, he can apply for an RP based on that and start working after this RP is granted.

User avatar
rinso
Posts: 3905
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:22 pm

Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Post by rinso » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:33 am

1. What is the probability is of him being granted a RP on the basis of an intimate relationship if we have only been dating for 5 months and it did not start in person?
Low.
Try to look at it from Migri's side. Short time online dating, young, no job and no job prospects, no language skills. They will view it as puppy love and move on to the next case.


Post Reply