Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
betelgeuse

Re: Intimate Relationship RP (Share your experience)

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:50 am

FinlandGirl wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:42 pm

Hope2000 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:40 pm
2. Would he be allowed to work in Finland
No.
Not correct. He can but the positions are limited.

“ If your residence permit was granted to you on the basis of your dating relationship, your right to work is restricted. However, you have the right to work in the following positions:”

https://migri.fi/en/intimate-relationship

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:55 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:50 am
FinlandGirl wrote:

Hope2000 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:40 pm
2. Would he be allowed to work in Finland
No.

“ If your residence permit was granted to you on the basis of your dating relationship, your right to work is restricted. However, you have the right to work in the following positions:”

In practice it is correct that he would not be allowed to work, these exceptions are not relevant in practice.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:01 am

FinlandGirl wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:55 am
betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:50 am
FinlandGirl wrote:
No.

In practice it is correct that he would not be allowed to work, these exceptions are not relevant in practice.
It’s not out of the question to find a position in a non-profit. However, one should make plans assuming it doesn’t happen.

DudeFromFin

Post by DudeFromFin » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:09 pm

Hello,
My girlfriend that lives in the United States would like to move to Finland to live with me, would she be able to get in with the intimate relationship RP, I am a Finnish citizen.
We have been dating for 7 months now but it has only been long distance since covid has been restricting travels..
I work full time, i have means of living and an apartment where she would be living with me. She has over 14k€ in savings and has an active job that allows her to work from anywhere in the world remotely. So she has active income around 60k€ per year. She has also been learning Finnish for the past 6 months since she wants to move here eventually.

Thanks for the answers in advance!