How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
undertakerfreak

Re: .

Post by undertakerfreak » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:40 pm

Funny that a forum that seems to be primarily a place for welcoming expats and foreigners who have questions is overrun with cranky old farts who can't stand Finland. Can we purge these unsavoury creatures out of this forum, please? No wonder the OP deleted his post! He posed a simple, wholesome question, and you idiots turned it into a dumpster fire.

As for the guy moving to Thailand, don't just talk about it -- be about it. Good riddance. I despise people who talk, talk, talk about leaving their first-world country because of how rotten it is and/or how oppressed they feel. When Trump won, that was the last nail for me, and I left the US without a single iota of a desire to return. A hundred euros and my left nut says you'll still be here in Finland when you're rotting on your deathbed.

I swear, some of you guys would turn to absolute mush if you had to live in the US for a few years.

But hey, at least the moderators here are doing their job when it comes to people swearing! Thank heavens for that. :roll: Start doing your jobs and get these toxic simpletons out of here and worry less about people making "bad words."

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

undertakerfreak

Re: Tell me your arrival stories?

Post by undertakerfreak » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:54 pm

jarikaija wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:22 am
Upphew wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:22 pm
jarikaija wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:55 pm
- No freedom to talk anymore what want
Bull. !"#¤%. You can spew what you want from your mouth. Back in the day you could do the same, someone might have decided to put fist to your mouth but you could do that. It is more likely to take responsibility to what you say in court now and more unlikely to get some instant feedback in physical form. But no one is stopping you.
Bull for yourself... When I'm was an young. We use "neekeri", "mustalainen", "ryssä" as
normal words on our childhood. We didn't say those because we want to insult, we use
those words, since all of them and similar was a just normal talk.

And now, if we have something to complain about refugees, how they behave and so on,
we are instantly racists and could get even charged... Yeah, freedom to speech...
That is !"#¤%!

Some of banned words:

NEEKERI
RYSSÄ
MUTAKUONO
RÄTTIPÄÄ
KARVAKÄMMEN
MUSTALAINEN

....and A LOT more...

I just wait, when INSINÖÖRI is banned too... I use that "Nick name" for refugees... All of them seems to be so over educated...
Cranky old white guy whining because he can't use the Finnish equivalent of the "n-word." I repeat: Cranky old white guy whining because he can't use the Finnish equivalent of the "N-WORD." Do feel free to use it, and also feel free to send us photos from your facial rearrangement surgery when you use it towards the wrong guy. I'm sure he'll understand your idiotic excuse for your racism in between kicks and punches.

You are literally the worst piece of crap on this forum. I absolutely loathe you and wish you nothing but the worst. Please do move to Thailand and rid this country of your toxicity.
Last edited by undertakerfreak on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

undertakerfreak

Post by undertakerfreak » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:56 pm

edit: didn't mean for this to post twice

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:54 am

undertakerfreak wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:56 pm
edit: didn't mean for this to post twice
Yeah, double-posting it might have crosssed a line. Good you apologized for that..
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:19 am

undertakerfreak wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:54 pm
Cranky old white guy whining because he can't use the Finnish equivalent of the "n-word." I repeat: Cranky old white guy whining because he can't use the Finnish equivalent of the "N-WORD." Do feel free to use it, and also feel free to send us photos from your facial rearrangement surgery when you use it towards the wrong guy. I'm sure he'll understand your idiotic excuse for your racism in between kicks and punches.
Imho the facial rearrangement is the old way. I prefer the modern way of courts, fines and public shaming.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

network_engineer

Post by network_engineer » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:04 am

undertakerfreak wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:40 pm
Funny that a forum that seems to be primarily a place for welcoming expats and foreigners who have questions
And what is your point? To paint Finland as heaven/ paradise? If the foreigners are getting an equal dose of what life is like, it hopefully helps them make informed decisions of moving here, and saves them disappointments later. This so, particularly in the absence of local news that may be visible in Finnish! Yes, the original topic may have lost its essence, but that isn't just the quality of discussions a BB, or on social media, it can happen in traditional conversations as well.
undertakerfreak wrote:
is overrun with cranky old farts who can't stand Finland. Can we purge these unsavoury creatures out of this forum, please? No wonder the OP deleted his post! He posed a simple, wholesome question, and you idiots turned it into a dumpster fire.
What what makes you better informed? I.e. apart from your own ranting? As I recall, you are relatively new here, don't speak the language, whereas there are people here that have been here for decades. I am hitting close to two decades here soon, and seen things become better and some issues go downhill all the time. I am sometimes still learning things from people who've been here three decades or more! And I am thankful for that. So, are you saying they don't have the freedom to give our opinions? And must paint a rosy story of all hunky-dory? Where do you get the rights to decide that?
undertakerfreak wrote:
I despise people who talk, talk, talk about leaving their first-world country because of how rotten it is and/or how oppressed they feel. When Trump won, that was the last nail for me, and I left the US without a single iota of a desire to return.
Read the above post (yours again). I'll wait, you'll get it. No, you won't! Does the contradiction in the above sentences hit you already? If not, well, by general standards, US is considered the first-world, ergo, ... do I need to spell the rest out!
undertakerfreak wrote:
you'll still be here in Finland when you're rotting on your deathbed. ... get these toxic simpletons out of here and worry less about people making "bad words."
Let's get this straight. In the face of Facebook groups, this BB has stayed on, providing valuable advice, insight, and information, from old-timers. People who've been here for long. Have seen the changes. Some good, some very good, and some very bad. They've witnessed it, and recollect it. And say it straight.

Where/ how do you get the idea that you can censor or decide who has a right to post their views or their opinions. The moderators are there for that. As I recall after a previous discussion, you claimed you were leaving the board. What happened?
Upphew wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:22 pm
Bull. !"#¤%. You can spew what you want from your mouth
Generally speaking Upphew, you'd be right! Within certain situations at large. At some point if people gather for the meetups at Malones, and we meet up, I'll tell you more about how I feel there's a not-so-common dimension to this. Again, it may be third-hand information, but nonetheless plausible enough.
Last edited by network_engineer on Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:25 pm

network_engineer wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:04 am
Generally speaking Upphew, you'd be right! Within certain situations at large. At some point if people gather for the meetups at Malones, and we meet up, I'll tell you more about how I feel there's a not-so-common dimension to this. Again, it may be third-hand information, but nonetheless plausible enough.
And I shall hear you, if I happen to be at the big church then. Not likely, but invitation accepted :)
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

biryvih

Post by biryvih » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:41 am

undertakerfreak wrote:
When Trump won, that was the last nail for me, and I left the US without a single iota of a desire to return.
So, as soon as sh*t hit the fan, you left? (slow clap for you)
Funny that a forum that seems to be primarily a place for welcoming expats and foreigners who have questions is overrun with cranky old farts who can't stand Finland. Can we purge these unsavoury creatures out of this forum, please?
I am not sure why you left US. You and Trump have some similar traits e.g. censoring stuff which is not good enough for you guys. You are calling them "old farts" your president calls them "fake news and/or crooked". Both of you has your heads too far up your asses. Still wondering, why you left?
As for the guy moving to Thailand, don't just talk about it -- be about it. Good riddance. I despise people who talk, talk, talk about leaving their first-world country because of how rotten it is and/or how oppressed they feel.
Yes Captain America we get it, you have done such a heroic thing by moving your butt to Finland, bravo for that. Just in case if you were wondering, there are good things and there are bad things in your so called first world countries. And I admire that "old fart" for staying here, despite of his situation. At least that "old fart" is trying to fix things here, unlike others ehm ehm.. who left USA because Trump won? again (slow clap) so, tell me again... instead of fixing things, you just left? Do you want a trophy for that? :beer_yum: and don't call yourself expat and/or foreigner, immigrant is a better word.
A hundred euros and my left nut says you'll still be here in Finland when you're rotting on your deathbed.
I don't see anything wrong with that. Some stay in their first world country, so they can fix it. Some just jump the ship.. ehm ehm.
I swear, some of you guys would turn to absolute mush if you had to live in the US for a few years.
Yes! we know Captain America is such a badass, can we please move on from there? and noo, I disagree with you there. And often in Finland, people will tell you the reality instead of sugar coating stuff. I believe it is too much for you? But don't you worry Captain, as soon as sh*t hits the fan in Finland, just jump the ship again, we won't judge you. And Captain, watch your language next time :beer_yum: