Decision wait time

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
kycbo

Decision wait time

Post by kycbo » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:04 pm

Hi,

I never thought I'd be making a post about Finnish Immigration troubles I had, but here I am sadly..

I'm 24 male from Canada, (In Finland during the application process) wanting to learn the Finnish language and culture. I decided to try Aupair here in Finland. So I applied for the first residence permit January 20th 2019. Expected processing time is 1 month. Migri got it done in exactly that (February 20th). However I'm still waiting to be notified by authorities on the decision. (Stated in my EnterFinland account). During the processing of my application, no questions were asked.

My visa-free period has ran out, and its been over a month since the decision has been made. So I'm basically here illegally I guess? Something I never imagined would happen.
I'm posting this because I want to know what are my possible options if I get a travel ban?
Everything on my application was true, and I met all requirements to be an Aupair. So I'm confused on why Migri is making this such a hard process, considering it is only for 1 year, and its to be an Aupair. I'm not taking anyone's job.
Also is it even worth appealing something like this if my decision is negative? I really want to learn more of the language. It's such a beautiful country, and having to say goodbye to a hostfamily/friends is the hardest thing.

Anyways thanks for reading,
Peace and love!

Decision wait time

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

jarikaija

Re: Decision wait time

Post by jarikaija » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:39 pm

kycbo wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:04 pm
Hi,

20th). However I'm still waiting to be notified by authorities on the decision. (Stated in my EnterFinland account). During the processing of my application, no questions were asked.
Call, visit or email them and ask what is the problem...
kycbo wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:04 pm

My visa-free period has ran out, and its been over a month since the decision has been made. So I'm basically here illegally I guess? Something I never imagined would happen.
Since you haven't get decision on your hand OR enterfinland, you are NOT illegally here. Since you can
wait at finland your decision even your visa expired.

But travelling abroad from Finland and trying to get back, could be impossible withou RP card...

agroot

Post by agroot » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:39 pm

au pair is not 1 month but 1-3 months.

also from https://migri.fi/en/application-processing-stages :
If you were in Finland when you submitted your application, you may wait in Finland while your application is being processed. You may wait in Finland even if your visa-free period of residence ends or your visa expires while you are waiting.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:53 pm

Does Migri clearly says you can apply from Finland for such permit? I couldn't not find it.

However, on au-pair site was this:

https://www.aupairworld.com/en/au_pair_ ... _pair/visa

Non-EU Citizens - Apply for a Residence Permit Card before entering Finland
Before entering Finland a Residence Permit Card (the equivalent of a visa to enter Finland) must be applied for and received through the Finnish Embassy or Consulate in your country of origin. All the documents listed above will be required when applying, plus proof of secure income (i.e., confirmation that as an au pair you will receive 280 Euros monthly pocket money).

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:33 am

tavastia wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:53 pm
Does Migri clearly says you can apply from Finland for such permit? I couldn't not find it.
In any cases (what I understood), everyone can wait at Finland while waiting decision for RP.
I haven't seen anywhere any sentences, what will separate different type of RP application
considering about that.

Only problem is, how to get to Finland to do that 8)