Difference in Surname

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Amarabrizi

Difference in Surname

Post by Amarabrizi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:46 pm

please I want to know if there will be an effect to difference in Surname between me and my wife while my resident permits Is still under appeal in court pending the decision from the court. the problem is that the Nigeria immigration has not updated her data change in her Nigeria passport for her to bear my surname. and her residents permits and that of my daughter is under renewal. my question is, if the renewed resident permit comes out bearing her old surname instead of my surname, will it have any effect on my pending resident permit that is still under appeal. I need your kind support and opinions. Thanks.

Difference in Surname

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

vla

Re: Difference in Surname

Post by vla » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:33 pm

Amarabrizi wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:46 pm
please I want to know if there will be an effect to difference in Surname between me and my wife while my resident permits Is still under appeal in court pending the decision from the court. the problem is that the Nigeria immigration has not updated her data change in her Nigeria passport for her to bear my surname. and her residents permits and that of my daughter is under renewal. my question is, if the renewed resident permit comes out bearing her old surname instead of my surname, will it have any effect on my pending resident permit that is still under appeal. I need your kind support and opinions. Thanks.
I am not sure if there would be any problems. In our case we do have different lastnames (in my country we do not change lastnames when you get married) and have never had any problem.

Amarabrizi

Re: Difference in Surname

Post by Amarabrizi » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:05 pm

thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it