Migri not replying to email. How long does it take to get an email back.

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
nejdi94

Post by nejdi94 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:46 pm

Hello,

I haven't received my residence permit card for some unknown reason yet. And I called Migri to report this and they said I should contact them by e-mail which sounds very stupid since I called already so I don't see the point of having to write an email besides me calling and verifying all my details.
On the other hand in my previous experience when I contacted [email protected] by e-mail I never got a response.
Has anybody had similar experience with these situations? How long is usually the time from when you send the email until you receive a response from migri about a residence permit that hasn't arrived.
My current residence permit is about to expire in less than a month and I have been waiting for the new card to arrive since 1 month and three weeks.

Is there a more direct way of contact about these situations?

Thank you in advance

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Fes

Re: Migri not replying to email. How long does it take to get an email back.

Post by Fes » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:22 am

Hi there

Did you finally receive your residence permit card to your address ?
I am having the same issue . It’s been more than 3 weeks now since I have got a positive decision and my residence permit card hasn’t yet arrived to my address .
Did you email Migri ? Would be great to hear your experience

Thanks & hope your issue has been resolved

Valinnan vapaus

Post by Valinnan vapaus » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:29 am

I can't get a straight answer out of their web pages but I believe in this and analogous cases you're legally allowed to stay in Finland after your current card has expired if you're waiting for your new card to show up. Someone I know just recently got her permanent residency and that's exactly what she was told. It wouldn't really make sense if this was any other way.

Beequeenn

Post by Beequeenn » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:55 am

It’s weird then because my personal experience with migri email is really good. I emailed them to ask about the citizenship application few times and always got replies in couple of days. Btw you didnt email them about the issue you have now but only based on your previous experience so i would suggest you email them and see if they will reply or not. Probably they wont reply to questions that answers can be found on the website, but try anyway