Passport Validity

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
bangalimahbub

Passport Validity

Post by bangalimahbub » Fri May 31, 2019 12:28 pm

I applied family RP in May 2018 on paper, that time I had my passport validity till August 2019. Had interview at embassy in January, till now no decision! Recently got my new passport, Mailed migri as well embassy of Finland where I applied. No replies.
Should I be concerned about my old passport expiry ? What should i do?

Thanks!

Passport Validity

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Passport Validity

Post by betelgeuse » Fri May 31, 2019 12:46 pm

bangalimahbub wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:28 pm
I applied family RP in May 2018 on paper, that time I had my passport validity till August 2019. Had interview at embassy in January, till now no decision! Recently got my new passport, Mailed migri as well embassy of Finland where I applied. No replies.
They will ask to see it if they need to. However, residence permits are not tied to any particular passport.

bangalimahbub

Post by bangalimahbub » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:46 pm
bangalimahbub wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:28 pm
They will ask to see it if they need to. However, residence permits are not tied to any particular passport.
Thanks man. In migri website they says

"You can only get a residence permit if you are able to travel to Finland and stay in the country legally. To do this, you must have a passport that is valid throughout the time your residence permit is valid"

https://migri.fi/en/spouse-is-a-finnish-citizen

I had more than a year validity of passport when applied. But still was wondering if it affects anything or not.

Maeke

Post by Maeke » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:09 pm

I agree with the gentleman above. All you need is a valid passport. The RPC requires you to have a valid passport, that's it. So don't worry. If they need to see it, they will ask for it.