Waiting for rp after Schengen visa expires

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
quillcentaur

Post by quillcentaur » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:43 pm

I applied for Schengen visa through Norway embassy since they handle Finland applications in my original country. There's no Finnish embassy there.

Now I'm waiting for Residence Permit in Finland so won't go out of Schengen when my visa expires. I have a paper from Finland saying it's fine to do this.

Does anyone know if I should inform Norway embassy about it? Or just leave it? Just concerned if Norway will mark me as illegally over staying in Schengen.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Waiting for rp after Schengen visa expires

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:32 pm

quillcentaur wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:43 pm
I applied for Schengen visa through Norway embassy since they handle Finland applications in my original country. There's no Finnish embassy there.

Now I'm waiting for Residence Permit in Finland so won't go out of Schengen when my visa expires. I have a paper from Finland saying it's fine to do this.

Does anyone know if I should inform Norway embassy about it? Or just leave it? Just concerned if Norway will mark me as illegally over staying in Schengen.
Embassies are not allowed to track entries and exits so there is no need to contact them.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:26 am

You shall not leave Finland, if you are found into other Schengen country with the expired visa you may have an issue. The paper you get that you applied for RP in Finland is not valid for traveling outside of Finland and cannot be verified by other authorities. Spot checks are common between some countries after 2015 migration crisis, so be careful.

quillcentaur

Post by quillcentaur » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:35 pm

tavastia wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:26 am
You shall not leave Finland, if you are found into other Schengen country with the expired visa you may have an issue. The paper you get that you applied for RP in Finland is not valid for traveling outside of Finland and cannot be verified by other authorities. Spot checks are common between some countries after 2015 migration crisis, so be careful.
Yep, I said "won't go out of schengen".

That's what I thought too, @betelgeuse Thanks