taxation of oversea properties (house and land)

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
lightbulb

Post by lightbulb » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Hi,
I am an EU citizen, 6 years ago I lived and worked in Finland, at that time I had no properties in my home country, so I paid my taxes to Vero from my Finnish work income, after 2 years I left Finland and back to my home country.
This year (February) I back to live and work in Finland (got my residence permit and all) but meanwhile I was in my home country I bought an apartment (where I lived) and a piece of land.
I never rented the apartment and I am not planning to start to rent it(I live inside it when I back to my home country).

I googled and checked Vero site but I found only references when the oversea property is rented, not when is not rented (as my case)

I need to pay taxes in Finland regarding my two properties (apartment and piece of land)? I need to declare it? if yes how to declare and when is the time to declare?
I remember that around April you get a paper from Vero with your tax summary and if is all ok you can just ignore it, what about now?
As I started February 2019, I suppose the Vero paper will arrive around April 2020?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Valinnan vapaus

Re: taxation of oversea properties (house and land)

Post by Valinnan vapaus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:33 am

Sounds like you should ask Verovirasto for something technical like this.

betelgeuse

Re: taxation of oversea properties (house and land)

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:26 pm

lightbulb wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:49 pm
I need to pay taxes in Finland regarding my two properties (apartment and piece of land)?
No income – no taxes.
lightbulb wrote:
I need to declare it?
Yes.
lightbulb wrote:
if yes how to declare and when is the time to declare?
Whenever you file.
lightbulb wrote:
I remember that around April you get a paper from Vero with your tax summary and if is all ok you can just ignore it, what about now?
Still works the same.
lightbulb wrote:
As I started February 2019, I suppose the Vero paper will arrive around April 2020?
Yes.