Extended permit based on other grounds (Sufficient funds)

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Qatharyhna

Post by Qatharyhna » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:35 pm

Hello,

I have been looking for the form that I must use to appy for an extended permit based on other grounds (the other grounds are having sufficient funds). I've been told that it exists but I can't seem to find it on Migri nor on EnterFinland.
Could one of you help me with finding this, or even confirm that it is possible?

Kevin

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Extended permit based on other grounds (Sufficient funds)

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:41 am

Qatharyhna wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:35 pm
I have been looking for the form that I must use to appy for an extended permit based on other grounds (the other grounds are having sufficient funds). I've been told that it exists but I can't seem to find it on Migri nor on EnterFinland.
Could one of you help me with finding this, or even confirm that it is possible?
Such a category does not exist. You are probably confusing it with free movement registration of right of residence based on sufficient funds.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:02 am

There is an application for “other” but that still has to fit into one of the valid reasons. Sufficient funds is not one of them.

https://migri.fi/en/residence-permit-on-other-grounds

Sharkbait4

Post by Sharkbait4 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:55 am

Qatharyhna wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:35 pm
Hello,

Kevin
On the same form, just tick the box "an extended permit":

"Extended permit on other grounds

If you want to stay in Finland, you must apply for an extended permit before your residence permit expires.

If you apply for an extended permit only after your residence permit has expired, you are not allowed to continue working. Read more about the right to work while an application for an extended permit is being processed.

Apply using the same form you used to apply for a first permit."

Read more here:

https://migri.fi/en/extended-permit-on-other-grounds

Please note: "We use the same criteria for assessing applications for first and extended permits." (So the 1,000€ / month applies as well.)

This is the link for the form:

https://migri.fi/documents/5202425/5790 ... 8en%29.pdf