population register

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
sijazme

population register

Post by sijazme » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:03 am

I have my migri interview on 29 August, 2019.

At what stage can I obtain a Personal Identity Number from the population register?

I was told that once I receive my marriage certificate (to nordic citizen) I can go to population register and get a number? ! ?

population register

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: population register

Post by tavastia » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:45 pm

Normally you will get it when your residence permit has been approved if you ask for it when applying for RP.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:03 pm

tavastia wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:45 pm
Normally you will get it when your residence permit has been approved if you ask for it when applying for RP.
Usually a person married to a Nordic Citizen does not apply for a residence permit.

Maeke

Post by Maeke » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:45 pm

Usually a person married to a Nordic Citizen does not apply for a residence permit.
Not totally sure about that. I know for sure that citizens of Nordic countries DO NOT need RP, all they need is register their right of stay, but It says nothing about Spouses or partners of those Nordic citizens, with the exception of course, if they are nordic citizens themselves

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:33 am

Maeke wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:45 pm
Not totally sure about that. I know for sure that citizens of Nordic countries DO NOT need RP, all they need is register their right of stay, but It says nothing about Spouses or partners of those Nordic citizens, with the exception of course, if they are nordic citizens themselves
Families of Nordic citizens have the right of residence under EEA citizen family member free movement rules.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:47 am

Neither a Migri interview is required for Nordic citizens but he / she is married to a Nordic citizen.