My parents are in finland and i want to move there!

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Palo

Post by Palo » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:36 pm

Hi everyone
My name is palo and my parents are Finnish citizen living in Finland. I am their oldest child and the time they were moving to finland i got married and decided to stay in my home country.
They have already mentioned in their records about me but i was not granted residence permit as i did not attend the interview . Now due to changes in my marital life and some problems i want to move in to Finland and live with my parents. I am married and have 2 young kids. Kindly let me know on what basis i can apply or my parents can apply for me? As i am over 18 what are my options? Do my parents sponcer me and my family? Or do i apply my self and have some sort of financial stability?

Any information will be appreciated ,

Thank you in advance

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: My parents are in finland and i want to move there!

Post by rinso » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:00 pm

Palo wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:36 pm
Hi everyone
My name is palo and my parents are Finnish citizen living in Finland. I am their oldest child and the time they were moving to finland i got married and decided to stay in my home country.
They have already mentioned in their records about me but i was not granted residence permit as i did not attend the interview . Now due to changes in my marital life and some problems i want to move in to Finland and live with my parents. I am married and have 2 young kids. Kindly let me know on what basis i can apply or my parents can apply for me? As i am over 18 what are my options? Do my parents sponcer me and my family? Or do i apply my self and have some sort of financial stability?

Any information will be appreciated ,

Thank you in advance
Since you're over 18, you have to get a residence permit on your own account. The RP of your parents has no value for your case.
Reasons for a residence permit are:
- study (at a university)
- work (need a job before you apply)
- Marriage to a Finn.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:49 am

rinso wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:00 pm
Reasons for a residence permit are:
- study (at a university)
- work (need a job before you apply)
- Marriage to a Finn.
This list is not exhaustive.

Palo

Post by Palo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:00 am

Thank you for the response,
But arent there any other grounds? Such as family ties? Family reunion or something like that?

Thanks

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:48 am

Palo wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:00 am
But arent there any other grounds? Such as family ties? Family reunion or something like that?
As an adult you would have to satisfy this condition which does not seem go apply: ”You are fully dependent on your family member who lives in Finland, both mentally and physically.” https://migri.fi/en/my-relative-is-a-finnish-citizen