Spouse residence permit apply in 2019

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
jarikaija

Re: Spouse residence permit apply in 2019

Post by jarikaija » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:47 am

MrsH wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:10 pm
Im starting to feel that we (me and my husband) are the only one In Finland Forum who have applied In 2018 (3.12.2018 to be exact) and are still waiting.Still nothing new, nor any update. Still migri hasnt contacted us in anyway after we applied.
We had to wait exactly 7 months to get RP... Applied July 2018 and got February 2019.
My wife had to go to interview at Thailand and I had to answer 35 questions on paper
about month after those we got decision...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

MercyTapani12

Post by MercyTapani12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:03 am

Stefani wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:49 pm
I am a Kenyan citizen, in Nairobi...thanks guys at least got some hope 😊
How many months did it take you to legalise your marriage certificate, for me it took 10month to get my marriage certificate legalised in Nigeria after that my husband had to register at maisttrati, and send the document back to me in Nigeria, that was when I could apply for the permit. I applied April this year and it took months to get an appointment with Vfs, I went for biometrics and submission 24th of June, that same day I was booked for an interview at the embassy 11th of July. Now I just hope and pray its not gonna take too long anymore. Excited there is someone from Africa that could relate to what I am facing . All the best to us all

Stefani

Post by Stefani » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:28 pm

It took 2 weeks to legalize our marriage in Embassy of Finland in Nairobi last year... After the Embassy sent our legalized marriage certificate to register in maistratti.later applied this year in March and it took ages to get appointment at the Embassy..after biometrics and fingerprints was booked for an interview with Vfs in August 19th and my husband last week answered 16 questions.
Back to waiting

Stefani

Post by Stefani » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:48 pm

Mercy Tapani,please inbox me your Facebook name,tried to send you my Facebook name but message could not send as am new in this forum

elherdian

Post by elherdian » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:48 am

I read someone email migri and they told him the month (where applicant submit) they are doing now..if i don't mistaken they were doing the paper which submitted 6 months before.

last week my husband email migri and they told him now the queue is alot.

i really corious which month they are doing now

jesse.hirvi

Post by jesse.hirvi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:39 pm

I submitted my application in April and today received the request for supplementary information.

They want my wife to answer questions about what kind of place we intend to live in when we move to Finland, what our livelihood would be based on, what our future plans in Finland would be. It doesn't seem as bad as other peoples' questions but it's still a lot to ask!

elherdian

Post by elherdian » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:17 pm

jesse.hirvi wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:39 pm
I submitted my application in April and today received the request for supplementary information.

They want my wife to answer questions about what kind of place we intend to live in when we move to Finland, what our livelihood would be based on, what our future plans in Finland would be. It doesn't seem as bad as other peoples' questions but it's still a lot to ask!
where did u apply?

elherdian

Post by elherdian » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:22 pm

jesse.hirvi
and also when ur application changed to the proccess start stage ?
i applied on 11 april in my country . but still no any update

MrsH

Post by MrsH » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:27 pm

Still no update for us, no decision and also no any request of suplementary info. Nothing, not even one word from Migri. Today it has been exactly 9 months since we applied. I am planning to wait 2-3 weeks more and then email Migri whats up. So frustrating :?

elherdian

Post by elherdian » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:33 pm

MrsH wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:27 pm
Still no update for us, no decision and also no any request of suplementary info. Nothing, not even one word from Migri. Today it has been exactly 9 months since we applied. I am planning to wait 2-3 weeks more and then email Migri whats up. So frustrating :?
why u dont email migri now? as today is exactly 9 months which is the maximum time for get the decision..

MrsH

Post by MrsH » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:45 pm

elherdian wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:33 pm
MrsH wrote:
why u dont email migri now? as today is exactly 9 months which is the maximum time for get the decision..
I was thinking since we applied on paper form and hence we cant see if we already have decision from internet. So I was thinking to wait like 2 weeks more because if they happened to have made decision and rp card is made In 2-3 weeks. But what will we lose if I email today. I Will email right away.

MrsH

Post by MrsH » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:42 pm

MrsH wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:45 pm
elherdian wrote:
MrsH wrote:
I was thinking since we applied on paper form and hence we cant see if we already have decision from internet. So I was thinking to wait like 2 weeks more because if they happened to have made decision and rp card is made In 2-3 weeks. But what will we lose if I email today. I Will email right away.
Today migri emailed me back. They told me that they cant give any information since they dont know for sure emailers identity (meaning my identity) even I wrote all dates and casenumbers and my personal social security number (henkilötunnus). I emailed them back new message via secured email connection a new message containing photos of our passports and photo of our marriage certificate also. Maybe then they could give some info. Visiting migri isnt option right now since nearest migri office is 120km one way. But for sure if it comes to that i will go there ask personally and wont leave until they give some information. I am getting so angry and frustrated even I understand that migri needs to be careful for who they give info but still :beamer: :evil:

elherdian

Post by elherdian » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:40 am

MrsH wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:42 pm
MrsH wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:45 pm
elherdian wrote:

Today migri emailed me back. They told me that they cant give any information since they dont know for sure emailers identity (meaning my identity) even I wrote all dates and casenumbers and my personal social security number (henkilötunnus). I emailed them back new message via secured email connection a new message containing photos of our passports and photo of our marriage certificate also. Maybe then they could give some info. Visiting migri isnt option right now since nearest migri office is 120km one way. But for sure if it comes to that i will go there ask personally and wont leave until they give some information. I am getting so angry and frustrated even I understand that migri needs to be careful for who they give info but still :beamer: :evil:
seems like they avoid...
wish the best for you, and you can get your rp soon.

Nmh2106

Post by Nmh2106 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:25 pm

Just wanna share my info here and hope that it would be helpful. My RP is researcher type (A permit), arrived in Finland on July, my spouse started her application in August and after 2 weeks we got the decision. I sent an email to Migri stating that we had been counting days by days to reunite and also mentioned that she needs the RP A to apply for her master course which will close its application soon. Migri replied me after 10 mins I sent the email and put our application into progress, surprisingly.
Wish the best to you all.

8/15/2019 We have received the processing fee for your application.
8/15/2019 We have received your application and it is pending.
8/20/2019 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.
8/20/2019 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
9/1/2019 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.
9/3/2019 Your application is waiting for your reply to a request for supplementary information.
9/5/2019 You have replied to a request for supplementary information.
9/6/2019 Your application is waiting for your reply to a request for supplementary information.
9/6/2019 A decision has been made on your application.
9/6/2019 The decision can be read on your user account.
9/6/2019 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.
9/6/2019 You have received the decision.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:18 am

Nmh2106 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:25 pm
Just wanna share my info here and hope that it would be helpful. My RP is researcher type (A permit), arrived in Finland on July, my spouse started her application in August and after 2 weeks we got the decision. I sent an email to Migri stating that we had been counting days by days to reunite and also mentioned that she needs the RP A to apply for her master course which will close its application soon. Migri replied me after 10 mins I sent the email and put our application into progress, surprisingly.
Wish the best to you all.

8/15/2019 We have received the processing fee for your application.
8/15/2019 We have received your application and it is pending.
8/20/2019 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.
8/20/2019 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
9/1/2019 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.
9/3/2019 Your application is waiting for your reply to a request for supplementary information.
9/5/2019 You have replied to a request for supplementary information.
9/6/2019 Your application is waiting for your reply to a request for supplementary information.
9/6/2019 A decision has been made on your application.
9/6/2019 The decision can be read on your user account.
9/6/2019 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.
9/6/2019 You have received the decision.
They probably gave her expedited processing via student rules.