personal identity code

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
sijazme

personal identity code

Post by sijazme » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:33 am

maistraatti.fi told me that the personal identity code is issued by migri but many others have suggested that the local population register can also issue these codes. should i wait for migri to issue this code or apply locally at the population register?

personal identity code

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: personal identity code

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:02 am

sijazme wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:33 am
maistraatti.fi told me that the personal identity code is issued by migri but many others have suggested that the local population register can also issue these codes. should i wait for migri to issue this code or apply locally at the population register?
The code comes from the Population Register Centre. The request to them can come via Migri, Local Registration Offices or the Tax Authority (the law also says Kela but I am not sure if the option is in use). Whether to wait for Migri depends on your situation. If you need it, get it.

sijazme

Post by sijazme » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:11 am

is vero.fi (tax office) a good place to apply for a personal identity code?

also, what's the difference between personal identity code and social security number?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:20 am

sijazme wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:11 am
is vero.fi (tax office) a good place to apply for a personal identity code?
You can only apply there if you have a tax related need like a tax card. For that it’s the best place.
sijazme wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:11 am
also, what's the difference between personal identity code and social security number?
Finland does not have social security numbers. The personal identity code is not a number, for example. Unfortunately henkilötunnus is often wrongly translated as a social sucurity number. Having a personal identity code does not imply accesss to social security.

sijazme

Post by sijazme » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:49 am

This is on the vrk.fi

A personal identity code looks like this 131052-308T. The first part of it – 131052 – tells us the day, month and year of birth, in the form ddmmyy.

The remaining is the individual number, which for in this case is 308, distinguishes persons with the same date of birth from each other.

So you are saying that this number is the ONLY number issued in Finland for identity purposes?

There is no separate social security number.

vla

Post by vla » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:18 pm

sijazme wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:49 am
This is on the vrk.fi

A personal identity code looks like this 131052-308T. The first part of it – 131052 – tells us the day, month and year of birth, in the form ddmmyy.

The remaining is the individual number, which for in this case is 308, distinguishes persons with the same date of birth from each other.

So you are saying that this number is the ONLY number issued in Finland for identity purposes?

Didn't you say that your wife has been living in Finland for like 20 or more years? Can't she help you with all those basic stuffs? Why you have so many basic doubts having a wife that has been living in Finland for so long?

sijazme

Post by sijazme » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:25 pm

vla wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:18 pm
Didn't you say that your wife has been living in Finland for like 20 or more years? Can't she help you with all those basic stuffs? Why you have so many basic doubts having a wife that has been living in Finland for so long?
I like to navigate through the law on my own. My wife is pretty unaware of the kind of alien she has adopted. I don't ask her anything about immigration because it reminds her of how much different I am from herself.

rinso

Post by rinso » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:14 am

I like to navigate through the law on my own. My wife is pretty unaware of the kind of alien she has adopted. I don't ask her anything about immigration because it reminds her of how much different I am from herself.
What could possibly go wrong? :ohno:

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:04 am

sijazme wrote:
This is on the vrk.fi

131052- is the first part. - means that the owner of that code has born in 1952, if it was + she would have been born in 1852 and if it was A she would be born in 2052. And she because of the even number 308, males get odd number.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:06 am

vla wrote:
sijazme wrote:
This is on the vrk.fi

Natives don't have to deal with this stuff. They just live like everyone else. They don't have problems getting phones with 36 month payment plan or regular sim cards.

vla

Post by vla » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:18 am

Upphew wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:06 am
vla wrote:
sijazme wrote:
This is on the vrk.fi

Natives don't have to deal with this stuff. They just live like everyone else. They don't have problems getting phones with 36 month payment plan or regular sim cards.
His wife is an Iceland citizen, but I see your point.

sijazme

Post by sijazme » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:46 am

vla wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:18 am
His wife is an Iceland citizen, but I see your point.
My wife is Icelandic but speaks Swedish like her first language. Icelandic people are treated as Nordic here and once you move here as a Nordic citizen you can basically forget about migration issues. She has basically all forgotten about the relevance of her Icelandic citizenship until the maistraatti office reminded her. She also thinks Aland should be part of Sweden :)

Cheers.

sijazme

Post by sijazme » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:42 pm

Myth busted,

The tax office plainly refused to issue me a personal id number stating that only migri can do it these days. At first the tax officer lady demanded a work contract that I have a job, but later said that she is unable to do it because there needs to be a resident permit in place before the grant of a personal number because I am non EU. She directed me to the migri website.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:43 am

sijazme wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:42 pm
Myth busted,

The tax office plainly refused to issue me a personal id number stating that only migri can do it these days. At first the tax officer lady demanded a work contract that I have a job, but later said that she is unable to do it because there needs to be a resident permit in place before the grant of a personal number because I am non EU. She directed me to the migri website.
You do remember that you don't need the permit?
"Right to work without a residence permit
The citizens of EU and EEA countries and their family members have the right to work in Finland without restrictions. However, they must register their right of residence or apply for a residence card for a family member."
https://migri.fi/en/right-to-work

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:05 am

sijazme wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:42 pm

I have helped people get personal ids from the Tax Authority even for people resident abroad and no intention to move to Finland. It was needed and we had supporting contracts so they issued one.