Can you move without speaking the language?!

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
pinkki

Post by pinkki » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:14 am

Hi guys! So, I love Finland since I was young, I always wanted to live there.... it would be my dream. I tried to learn some finnish (I love the language) but I stopped cause I went to work in London ( I am greek BTW). I came back to Greece due to some personal issues... Now i am thinking of starting again from 0 but... I do not know if I should take that step or not?
I am willing to go and see what happens.... However, is it possible to find a job knowing only english? What if so, what kind of job would that be?
I have worked mainly in hospitality.
I am really thinking about it in a serious note, I am looking forward to your answers!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Can you move without speaking the language?!

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:04 am

pinkki wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:14 am
Hi guys! So, I love Finland since I was young, I always wanted to live there.... it would be my dream. I tried to learn some finnish (I love the language) but I stopped cause I went to work in London ( I am greek BTW). I came back to Greece due to some personal issues... Now i am thinking of starting again from 0 but... I do not know if I should take that step or not?
I am willing to go and see what happens.... However, is it possible to find a job knowing only english? What if so, what kind of job would that be?
I have worked mainly in hospitality.
I am really thinking about it in a serious note, I am looking forward to your answers!
Depends on the field. IT, for example, has plenty of companies that use English as the working language. Hospitality will be trickier since local language speakers will be selected over you ceteris paribus.