How accurate is the processing times calculator?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
danielmotta

Post by danielmotta » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:31 pm

I've applied for an Employed Person Visa a little over 3 months ago. According to the processing time calculator at Migri.fi it would take 4 months for a decision to be made. I'm getting closer to that estimation and would like to know on your experience how accurate that is.

Quite honestly, I'm a bit anxious about this because my life is currently on hold because of the waiting. I'm currently employed in another country and got a job offer to relocate to Finland so everything hinges on this Visa.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

vla

Re: How accurate is the processing times calculator?

Post by vla » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:51 pm

danielmotta wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:31 pm
I've applied for an Employed Person Visa a little over 3 months ago. According to the processing time calculator at Migri.fi it would take 4 months for a decision to be made. I'm getting closer to that estimation and would like to know on your experience how accurate that is.

Quite honestly, I'm a bit anxious about this because my life is currently on hold because of the waiting. I'm currently employed in another country and got a job offer to relocate to Finland so everything hinges on this Visa.
Is it a binding job offer? Have you signed any contract?

Berkant023

Post by Berkant023 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:03 pm

Last edited by Berkant023 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vla

Post by vla » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:10 pm

Berkant023 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:03 pm
1.11.2018 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
4.4.2019 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

18.4.2019 The Employment and Economic Development Office has made a partial decision on your application. Your application is now in queue for processing at the Finnish Immigration Service. We will contact you if we need additional information. See our website for processing times.
22.5.2019 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

28.6.2019 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

13.8.2019 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.
16.8.2019 Your application is waiting for your reply to a request for supplementary information.
26.8.2019 You have replied to a request for supplementary information.

Still waiting for your final decision. Think about it you will just wait for 4-5 months partial decision and then you will get to study immigration so in short the total processing time is between 9-12 months

Well it depends on a lot of factors, not all the case are the same.

In my case I was never asked to provide further details and never got a notification of partial decision by "Employment and Economic Development Office" or any other entities. I did have a work contract and I checked with my employer before doing the application, so that nothing was unclear.

I am not saying that this is your case, I am just sharing my experience.

Berkant023

Post by Berkant023 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:37 pm

enter finland what is your status

vla

Post by vla » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:48 pm

Berkant023 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:37 pm
Are you asking me? Well, I have already been granted a residence permit in november last year.

danielmotta

Post by danielmotta » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:32 am

Berkant023 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:03 pm
I do have a signed contract

danielmotta

Post by danielmotta » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:34 am

Berkant023 wrote:
My current status is "In progress"

danielmotta

Post by danielmotta » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:42 am

vla wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:48 pm
Berkant023 wrote:
Are you asking me? Well, I have already been granted a residence permit in november last year.
May I ask in which country you applied for the Visa?

vla

Post by vla » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:20 am

danielmotta wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:42 am
vla wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:48 pm
Berkant023 wrote:
May I ask in which country you applied for the Visa?
Chile

MrsH

Post by MrsH » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:52 am

danielmotta wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:31 pm

We have applied rp (family ties) for my husband and calculator gave us estimation 8-9 months for decision to be ready. Now it has been 9 months and 6 days and still our waiting continues. They havent contacted us at all during our waiting. I know that you have applied different rp/visa and also I know that every case is different, but my point is that In my opinion I wouldnt count on that calculator too much unfortunatelly. I hope all the best for you. Hang in there even things seem hard and life is on hold.

agroot

Post by agroot » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:21 pm

MrsH wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:52 am
We have applied rp (family ties) for my husband and calculator gave us estimation 8-9 months for decision to be ready. Now it has been 9 months and 6 days and still our waiting continues. They havent contacted us at all during our waiting. I know that you have applied different rp/visa and also I know that every case is different, but my point is that In my opinion I wouldnt count on that calculator too much unfortunatelly. I hope all the best for you. Hang in there even things seem hard and life is on hold.
You could email them asking for an update of estimated time. That helped me and they stamped in a week.

MrsH

Post by MrsH » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:26 pm

agroot wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:21 pm
MrsH wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:52 am
You could email them asking for an update of estimated time. That helped me and they stamped in a week.
I already have, actually two times. First time they told me they cant give me any info since they dont know for sure emailers (my identity) identity even I mentioned my social security number and case number and everything . I emailed them back again last week via secure email connection a new message containing photos of our passports, receipt of payment for migri and marriage certificate. Still no answer for that email, emailed them last thursday. Maybe now they are willing to give some info :?