Urgent Urgent

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Amarabrizi

Urgent Urgent

Post by Amarabrizi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:55 am

Good day
I applied for a resident permit in 2017 April and on April 2018 I was denied the permits and was asked to protest the negative decision.

I and my wife got the service of a lawyer in Finland to make the corrections and we made am appeal to the court to reconsider the decision. since it is on the basis of family ties.

As time goes on marriage and distance issues between i and my wife become tough time for us. since it is going to take another 16 months for the court to decide our case. during this misunderstanding she complained to the lawyer the marriage is not working out. Now the court decision is out and it is positive.

Am writing to you to understand why the permission of my wife is need before my resident permit card can be released to me or get me notified about the permit card through my email address as usual. she and I have not been close or having understanding of where the marriage is going to.

the situation now is that my wife refused granting permission for the card to be released to me, we are not divorced or separated. but due to misunderstanding between us she said she will get the card and use it to illegally bring the cousin brother who has my resemblance into Finland. after my years of waiting for the permit to be issued to me, I won't want a situation where my details are been used illegally by another person.

I want the Finland immigration to look into this issue and take the right actions. and send my resident permits card to Finland embassy in Nigeria for collection or cancel the card since am not contacted directly about the card release. I will not be happy to see another individual use my details and permit to enter your country illegally pretending to me after my years of waiting.

What do I do in this situation, I have tried reasoning with her but proved very abortive and hard.

Urgent Urgent

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

sijazme

Re: Urgent Urgent

Post by sijazme » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:46 pm

It's your card with your name on it, so it belongs to you and not your so called wife. Also if she is going to give the card to "someone else who looks like you" then she is probably committing a criminal offence. You should ask migri to have your card delivered to wherever you are and then finalize the situation here in Finland , whether it ends in divorce or something else.

Amarabrizi

Post by Amarabrizi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:55 pm

sijazme wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:46 pm
It's your card with your name on it, so it belongs to you and not your so called wife. Also if she is going to give the card to "someone else who looks like you" then she is probably committing a criminal offence. You should ask migri to have your card delivered to wherever you are and then finalize the situation here in Finland , whether it ends in divorce or something else.
I my to call migri here in Nigeria or contact migri directly in Finland. thanks for reply I appreciate

rinso

Post by rinso » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:10 pm

The card will be sent to the place where you submitted your application. (although after an appeal it might be different) The card will not be sent to your wife. (unless your wife managed to get her address in all the papers, instead of yours) Also, I don't understand how your wife can refuse that the card will be sent to you.
I have the impression that your wife is not telling you what is really going on.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:52 pm

The card is worthless without a passport with the same name on it in my experience.

sijazme

Post by sijazme » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:47 pm

heretostay wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:52 pm
The card is worthless without a passport with the same name on it in my experience.
It's Nigeria right, if I remember correctly, it is known for a lot of online scams. Not trying to discriminate here or anything but I think a fraudulent Nigerian passport with your name on it is not entirely impossible.

Maeke

Post by Maeke » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:44 pm

Wow !
This is crazy ! How can your wife do such a thing ?
Is she planning to sleep with your cousin ?
That is unbelievable !

Amarabrizi

Post by Amarabrizi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:03 pm

heretostay wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:52 pm
If by any chance she changed the receiving address during the court appeal, I don't really have any idea of it, but can the migri directly contact her and have her release my resident permit and have it sent to Finland embassy in Nigeria. where I can pick it up

Amarabrizi

Post by Amarabrizi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:04 pm

Maeke wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:44 pm
Wow !
This is crazy ! How can your wife do such a thing ?
Is she planning to sleep with your cousin ?
That is unbelievable !
not my cousin brother, her own cousin brother who has my resemblance, he is fair like me.

Amarabrizi

Post by Amarabrizi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:05 pm

rinso wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:10 pm
The card will be sent to the place where you submitted your application. (although after an appeal it might be different) The card will not be sent to your wife. (unless your wife managed to get her address in all the papers, instead of yours) Also, I don't understand how your wife can refuse that the card will be sent to you.
I have the impression that your wife is not telling you what is really going on.
If by any chance she changed the receiving address during the court appeal, I don't really have any idea of it, but can the migri directly contact her and have her release my resident permit and have it sent to Finland embassy in Nigeria. where I can pick it up

Maeke

Post by Maeke » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:19 pm

Your particular situation seems pretty blurry so here is what I would do if I were you :

- Step 1: a) If you apply online through ENTERFINLAND, then you log back in there and make sure your coordinates are still in Nigeria. When that is validated, MIGRI has NO CHOICE but to send the residency card to the nearest Finnish embassy, which is the one in your country.
When I applied, although my Finnish wife had the authorization to call migri to inquire about the processing delays(which she did once), she could not change any personal information about me.
b) If you did apply by paper, do the same things but that will require you to go presnt yourself to the embassy personally with your migri customer number and your diary number (My advice is to call first to get an appointment) , then notify them that you have received a positive decision (I guess your lawyer sent you the paperwork to prove it), and what should be the next steps. I would strongly advise you against going into too much details about your 'wife' wanting to end your marriage, because if you are applying for family ties, then as you can imagine, having NO TIES means they can judge that your grounds are not the same anymore and cancel the permit. St first they denied it to you because they probably thought the marriage was not genuine (I imagine), but now, if by your own mouth, you are admitting that your wife no longer considers the marriage valid and is trying to divorce, which takes 6 months in Finland, they might consider revoking your permit, so please be careful with whatever you will tell them about your personal status with your wife. Do not lie, but no need to over share, in my honest opinion.

- Step 2: Once you get the PR card, you get to Finland ASAP, so that if the status is to change (let's say your wife divorces you in 6 months), you can stay in Finland while thinking about your next move, as the PR card is valid for one month. It will give you time to apply on other grounds (work, study,etc...)

Maeke

Post by Maeke » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:24 pm

Amarabrizi wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:05 pm
rinso wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:10 pm
I think you might be mixing 2 things here:
- The migri file (thing 1) and the court proceedings (thing 2).
For thing 2, she can change the adress where to receive the COURT judgment ! It is no different than a basic change of address with Maastratti.
For thing 1, concerning your migri demand, that is the address you entered during your demand, and that she can not change it, UNLESS you gave her all the login and password information on enterfinland (if you applied through it online). In that case, the system will think that it is YOU who is making the change. IT is no different than giving your hotmail/gmail login and password to someone. In theory, they can login and change eveything without you knowing. But if you didnt give her access to your personal migri file, then she canèt do it.

ICT

Post by ICT » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:12 pm

I think the poster is not aware of the situation of things. You have not yet been granted a permit, the court had just sent back the matter to immigration for reprocessing. During this time, since your marriage situation is changing, then you might not get the residence permit if you don't manage the situation of your relationship correctly. Since the immigration are still going to ask you to present documents in other to prove the state of your current situation, it very wise to speak to your wife about it.
If by any chance you have been granted a residence permit, it will be sent to abuja and it's abuja that will contact you, your wife can not control the situation, except to cancel the permit by informing the immigration you are no more together...
keep moving...

Amarabrizi

Post by Amarabrizi » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:35 pm

ICT wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:12 pm
I think the poster is not aware of the situation of things. You have not yet been granted a permit, the court had just sent back the matter to immigration for reprocessing. During this time, since your marriage situation is changing, then you might not get the residence permit if you don't manage the situation of your relationship correctly. Since the immigration are still going to ask you to present documents in other to prove the state of your current situation, it very wise to speak to your wife about it.
If by any chance you have been granted a residence permit, it will be sent to abuja and it's abuja that will contact you, your wife can not control the situation, except to cancel the permit by informing the immigration you are no more together...
I have spoken to her yet she seem very impossible to reason with, I think she changed the receiving address in other to control where the decision of the court and the permit card will be sent to.

rinso

Post by rinso » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:55 am

I have spoken to her yet she seem very impossible to reason with, I think she changed the receiving address in other to control where the decision of the court and the permit card will be sent to.
If that is so, the only logical thing you can do is inform migri that there is a fraud going on. If you don't, they might think you're part of the scam.