Applying for RP of a Finnish Spouse

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Almondi

Post by Almondi » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:46 pm

Hello everyone. I recently got married to a Finnish citizen in Finland but I went back to my country because I have a job and because I only got a tourist visa valid for one month. I decided to apply for a RP based on family ties and to wait for the decision in my country.

Since we live in separate countries, my husband and I have never co-habited and met only twice before getting married. Finances and work schedule limited us from meeting each other more often.

Could you give us tips on how to prove that our marriage is real given our circumstances? (I assure you, it is real and very loving) Also I would really appreciate if you can provide me tips on what documents to present so I get a favorable decision.

Thank you in advance for your kind support!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

MercyTapani12

Re: Applying for RP of a Finnish Spouse

Post by MercyTapani12 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:44 am

My residence permit was granted few weeks ago, Here is what we did, let me tell you a little bit of our love story I met my husband on a dating site, May 15 2017, we met physically for the first time 1st January 2018 that's after chatting with him for 9month. We got married 6days after we met each other physically for the first time. He travelled back to Finland the 10th day. He came back to visit me after we got married December 2018 and he was in my home country for 2weeks.So we met twice before applying for the residence permit. Here is what we didπŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰ I submitted screenshot of our conversation, calllog from the day we started chatting till the month I went to submit my application, I also uploaded it on my enterfinland account. Screenshot from May2017 to June 2019,i showed them 10 screenshot for each month, I also uploaded and submitted our pictures together, the first visit and the second visit, we also wrote a letter Applicants letter and Sponsors letter explaining how we met, how much we love each other and reasons why we got married 6 days after meeting physically for the first time. And Yea I got my RP 2month 1week after I was interviewed at the embassy and secondly my husband did not receive any supplementary questions. So all the best and you can go on YouTube to see how to place your pix and screenshot on Microsoft word

MercyTapani12

Post by MercyTapani12 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:47 am

My residence permit was granted few weeks ago, Here is what we did, let me tell you a little bit of our love story I met my husband on a dating site, May 15 2017, we met physically for the first time 1st January 2018 that's after chatting with him for 9month. We got married 6days after we met each other physically for the first time. He travelled back to Finland the 10th day. He came back to visit me after we got married December 2018 and he was in my home country for 2weeks.So we met twice before applying for the residence permit. Here is what we didπŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰ I submitted screenshot of our conversation, calllog from the day we started chatting till the month I went to submit my application, I also uploaded it on my enterfinland account. Screenshot from May2017 to June 2019,i showed them 10 screenshot for each month, I also uploaded and submitted our pictures together, the first visit and the second visit, we also wrote a letter Applicants letter and Sponsors letter explaining how we met, how much we love each other and reasons why we got married 6 days after meeting physically for the first time. And Yea I got my RP 2month 1week after I was interviewed at the embassy and secondly my husband did not receive any supplementary questions. So all the best and you can go on YouTube to see how to place your pix and screenshot on Microsoft word....

Almondi

Post by Almondi » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:14 am

My reply wasn't posted. I just want to thank you for the great tips and to congratulate you on getting your RP.
Wishing you a happy family life in Finland

Almondi

Post by Almondi » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:57 am

MercyTapani12 wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:44 am
My residence permit was granted few weeks ago, Here is what we did, let me tell you a little bit of our love story I met my husband on a dating site, May 15 2017, we met physically for the first time 1st January 2018 that's after chatting with him for 9month. We got married 6days after we met each other physically for the first time. He travelled back to Finland the 10th day. He came back to visit me after we got married December 2018 and he was in my home country for 2weeks.So we met twice before applying for the residence permit. Here is what we didπŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰ I submitted screenshot of our conversation, calllog from the day we started chatting till the month I went to submit my application, I also uploaded it on my enterfinland account. Screenshot from May2017 to June 2019,i showed them 10 screenshot for each month, I also uploaded and submitted our pictures together, the first visit and the second visit, we also wrote a letter Applicants letter and Sponsors letter explaining how we met, how much we love each other and reasons why we got married 6 days after meeting physically for the first time. And Yea I got my RP 2month 1week after I was interviewed at the embassy and secondly my husband did not receive any supplementary questions. So all the best and you can go on YouTube to see how to place your pix and screenshot on Microsoft word
MercyTapani12 wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:47 am
My residence permit was granted few weeks ago, Here is what we did, let me tell you a little bit of our love story I met my husband on a dating site, May 15 2017, we met physically for the first time 1st January 2018 that's after chatting with him for 9month. We got married 6days after we met each other physically for the first time. He travelled back to Finland the 10th day. He came back to visit me after we got married December 2018 and he was in my home country for 2weeks.So we met twice before applying for the residence permit. Here is what we didπŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰ I submitted screenshot of our conversation, calllog from the day we started chatting till the month I went to submit my application, I also uploaded it on my enterfinland account. Screenshot from May2017 to June 2019,i showed them 10 screenshot for each month, I also uploaded and submitted our pictures together, the first visit and the second visit, we also wrote a letter Applicants letter and Sponsors letter explaining how we met, how much we love each other and reasons why we got married 6 days after meeting physically for the first time. And Yea I got my RP 2month 1week after I was interviewed at the embassy and secondly my husband did not receive any supplementary questions. So all the best and you can go on YouTube to see how to place your pix and screenshot on Microsoft word....
Hello @MercyTapani12,

I would like to give you an update regarding my application. We received the positive decision 60 days after I proved my identity (I was interviewed by the consul the same day I submitted my application)! I am now waiting for the residence card and I'm planning to move to Finland early next year.

I'd like to thank you for providing me tips. I followed them as much as possible. You really helped me so much. Thank you! I wish you blessings and happiness in your family life in Finland.

MercyTapani12

Post by MercyTapani12 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:37 am

You are welcome, guess you are in Finland now, its been long I logged into the forum