Permanent Resident Permit

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
fintel

Post by fintel » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:05 pm

It says on the migri website that the Finnish Immigration Service can only grant you a permanent residence permit if you have the grounds and meet the requirements for a continuous residence permit (the A permit). In most cases, your grounds for a permanent residence permit are the same as they were for your previous, continuous residence permit. You have lived in Finland continuously for four (4) years with a continuous residence permit (the A permit); and the requirements for granting a continuous residence permit still exist.

At the time of application for a permanent resident permit, what does the applicant have to demonstrate in order to prove continuous residence of 4 years? What kind of proof or evidence is required? Do I have to prove this by keeping receipts of my rental payments? Does migri have this information from looking at tax returns and payslips etc that you have lived in Finland for 4 years? How is the continuous period requirement met?

Image ulkomaalaisella henkilöä

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Permanent Resident Permit

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:37 pm

fintel wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:05 pm
It says on the migri website that the Finnish Immigration Service can only grant you a permanent residence permit if you have the grounds and meet the requirements for a continuous residence permit (the A permit). In most cases, your grounds for a permanent residence permit are the same as they were for your previous, continuous residence permit. You have lived in Finland continuously for four (4) years with a continuous residence permit (the A permit); and the

At the time of application for a permanent resident permit, what does the applicant have to demonstrate in order to prove continuous residence of 4 years? What kind of proof or evidence is required? Do I have to prove this by keeping receipts of my rental payments? Does migri have this information from looking at tax returns and payslips etc that you have lived in Finland for 4 years? How is the continuous period requirement met?
The default is population register data plus declaration of travels. The application tells you what info and attachments they require.

fintel

Post by fintel » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:01 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:37 pm
The default is population register data plus declaration of travels. The application tells you what info and attachments they require.
So I need to maintain a Finland address in the population register for 4 years and have the original grounds when applying for the permanent resident permit. Yes?
Image ulkomaalaisella henkilöä

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:12 pm

You have to actually live there and not just have the address registered. Migri will check on this. They will also check that you have been in the country.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:02 pm

fintel wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:01 am
betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:37 pm
So I need to maintain a Finland address in the population register for 4 years and have the original grounds when applying for the permanent resident permit. Yes?
Original grounds do not need to apply. You just need any grounds for a continuous permit.

sijazme

Post by sijazme » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:30 pm

I live in Helsinki and my wife is in Oulu.
My address is different from my wife.
Is that going to cause issues at the time of application?
Does migri expect you to live with your wife even if your job is in another city ?