Applying RP for my spouse

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Mustafa01

Post by Mustafa01 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:25 am

Hello guys

I have RP and applied for citizenship Nov 2018, they will make a decision hopefully soon because they already asked two times for additional information and i provided everything they asked me.

So with that in mind ☝🏼

I'm trying to get my wife to here and i have asked around about the ways that she can get RP but at the same time we want to live together as soon as possible so I'm looking for the fastest way possible

They have told me that if she gets a schengen visa and we get married here and after that she could apply for RP for family ties but does she has to go back after her visa expires? And what if she somehow stayed here after her visa expired and apply for RD and also mentioned that her spouse (Me) lives here, will she be able to stay here? Or even then she will be sent back to home country?

Finally is there any other that we can live together here in finland while she's being processed?

Thanks in advance 😊

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Simo0000

Re: Applying RP for my spouse

Post by Simo0000 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:48 pm

Hey!

I understand your situation and i know that it can be hard to be apart from your partner but at this moment you have to be smart.

If i would advise you and its from experience, that it's better if your partner (wife) can apply from her country of residence at the moment instead of going through the process of trying to get a Schengen visa which can be hard and IF the visa get denied or something like that then it will surely affect the residence permit application as it's all tied up to Migri.

It's just my advice you can take it or leave it but i believe this is the smartest way to do it.

quillcentaur

Post by quillcentaur » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:05 pm

Yes, she's allowed to come here using visitor visa, then apply for RP while here. She's allowed to wait here.

I did the same thing.

sijazme

Post by sijazme » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:36 pm

Mustafa01 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:25 am
Hello guys

I have RP and applied for citizenship Nov 2018, they will make a decision hopefully soon because they already asked two times for additional information and i provided everything they asked me.

So with that in mind ☝🏼

I'm trying to get my wife to here and i have asked around about the ways that she can get RP but at the same time we want to live together as soon as possible so I'm looking for the fastest way possible

They have told me that if she gets a schengen visa and we get married here and after that she could apply for RP for family ties but does she has to go back after her visa expires? And what if she somehow stayed here after her visa expired and apply for RD and also mentioned that her spouse (Me) lives here, will she be able to stay here? Or even then she will be sent back to home country?

Finally is there any other that we can live together here in finland while she's being processed?

Thanks in advance 😊
Yes , she is allowed to stay here with expired visa and wait for a decision.

Also, can you tell us how long you have lived in Finland, did you pass the language test, and what kind of information they requested for your citizenship application ?