Passport question

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Mustafa01

Passport question

Post by Mustafa01 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:55 pm

I have lived here 6 years and i have finished ammattikoulu and i past also the language test for the citizenship today they send me additional information about my iraq passport i don't have it and they're insisting of me to get a new one from sweden even though i have given them my iraq citizenship and id card which are original they checked i dont understand why they want the passport. I have proven my past identity from iraq with the irap citizenship and here finland i have ajokortti and henkilökortti and my name and my age and everything else is all the same. They are not making a decision on my finnish citizenship until i have given them the old irap pass which i dont have or i have to go to Sweden and try to get iraq pass there which is not easy. Anyone have any suggestions? What is good to do? And if i some how got the old iraq passport which is expired by now does it work now for them? Do they accept it? Or i have to still get new one?

Passport question

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Passport question

Post by rinso » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:13 am

Mustafa01 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:55 pm
I have lived here 6 years and i have finished ammattikoulu and i past also the language test for the citizenship today they send me additional information about my iraq passport i don't have it and they're insisting of me to get a new one from sweden even though i have given them my iraq citizenship and id card which are original they checked i dont understand why they want the passport. I have proven my past identity from iraq with the irap citizenship and here finland i have ajokortti and henkilökortti and my name and my age and everything else is all the same. They are not making a decision on my finnish citizenship until i have given them the old irap pass which i dont have or i have to go to Sweden and try to get iraq pass there which is not easy. Anyone have any suggestions? What is good to do? And if i some how got the old iraq passport which is expired by now does it work now for them? Do they accept it? Or i have to still get new one?
There was recently a new law introduced that requires "strong identification" in certain situations. Only a passport (or a Finnish identification card) are considered strong identification. I don't think they will be lenient for a citizenship application.

betelgeuse

Re: Passport question

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:21 am

rinso wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:13 am
Mustafa01 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:55 pm
There was recently a new law introduced that requires "strong identification" in certain situations. Only a passport (or a Finnish identification card) are considered strong identification. I don't think they will be lenient for a citizenship application.
The requirements of initial proof of identity for strong online authentication are not relevant for the in person proof of identity required for a citizenship application.