Tourist visa to RP

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
simplyann

Tourist visa to RP

Post by simplyann » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:14 pm

Hello! I'm asking this on behalf of my friend. How true it is that since summer, you can no longer apply for RP (work, marriage/family etch) if you enter Finland with a tourist visa. My friend brought her kids here last July and will change the visa to RP since she is married to a Finnish. I learned from a finnish friends that there was a news last summer that you can apply for RP while on tourist visa but most likely migri will give a negative decision since they noticed that there were lots of people getting tourist visa first because it is faster then change to RP.

Thanks in advance!

Tourist visa to RP

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Tourist visa to RP

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:56 pm

simplyann wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:14 pm
Hello! I'm asking this on behalf of my friend. How true it is that since summer, you can no longer apply for RP (work, marriage/family etch) if you enter Finland with a tourist visa. My friend brought her kids here last July and will change the visa to RP since she is married to a Finnish. I learned from a finnish friends that there was a news last summer that you can apply for RP while on tourist visa but most likely migri will give a negative decision since they noticed that there were lots of people getting tourist visa first because it is faster then change to RP.

Thanks in advance!
There have been no legislation changes. Patners have been and are able to apply in Finland. Kids need to pass the manifestly unreasonable criteria. See section 49 of the Aliens Act.

https://www.finlex.fi/en/laki/kaannokse ... 040301.pdf

simplyann

Re: Tourist visa to RP

Post by simplyann » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:58 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:56 pm
simplyann wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:14 pm

Thanks in advance!
There have been no legislation changes. Patners have been and are able to apply in Finland. Kids need to pass the manifestly unreasonable criteria. See section 49 of the Aliens Act.

https://www.finlex.fi/en/laki/kaannokse ... 040301.pdf
Thank you so much for the info! Much appreciated 🙏