Please help! I have a cancer and I'm trying to move to Finland really soon.

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Anikarnikrebek

Post by Anikarnikrebek » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:20 am

I'm a single mother with 3 kids in Germany, just moved and considered that I have cancer and need operation soon. My ex-husband and his new Finnish family lives in Finland, the kids spent the last year there and mostly me too, as a remote worker.
I decided to go back and have a treatment there, for that I try to find a hospital, a moving company and I'm still not sure how can I get the residence permit because the treatment will be more than a year ( if I survive..)
Any suggestion in all case would be great, thanks in advance - and yes, I'm reading the forums in here, rapidly.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Please help! I have a cancer and I'm trying to move to Finland really soon.

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:37 pm

Anikarnikrebek wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:20 am
I'm a single mother with 3 kids in Germany, just moved and considered that I have cancer and need operation soon. My ex-husband and his new Finnish family lives in Finland, the kids spent the last year there and mostly me too, as a remote worker.
I decided to go back and have a treatment there, for that I try to find a hospital, a moving company and I'm still not sure how can I get the residence permit because the treatment will be more than a year ( if I survive..)
Any suggestion in all case would be great, thanks in advance - and yes, I'm reading the forums in here, rapidly.
Is at least one of the kids an EEA citizen? If so, you may be able to move with the kids as a family member of an EEA citizen and register right of residence.

https://migri.fi/en/registration-of-right-of-residence

It’s worth looking whether a S2 form can be issued in Germany for the treatment in Finland.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/w ... dex_en.htm

It would be easier for people to comment if you specified the citizenship of everyone.

Anikarnikrebek

Post by Anikarnikrebek » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:37 pm

Betelgeuse, thank you!
All of us has EU citizenship, the kids were registrated last year and spent the last year in Finland.
For the healthcare insurance, I have it in Germany, the company has a special form for having a treatment in Finland if I find a hospital and if I have a registered address there.
For the hospital: I'm franticly searching and calling but I'm not sure how can I have a registered address - which the German insurance company needs.
Thank you again for your attention!

fintel

Post by fintel » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:14 am

Anikarnikrebek wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:37 pm
Betelgeuse, thank you!
All of us has EU citizenship, the kids were registrated last year and spent the last year in Finland.
For the healthcare insurance, I have it in Germany, the company has a special form for having a treatment in Finland if I find a hospital and if I have a registered address there.
For the hospital: I'm franticly searching and calling but I'm not sure how can I have a registered address - which the German insurance company needs.
Are hospitals in Finland better than Germany or what's the reason for the move?
Image ulkomaalaisella henkilöä

Anikarnikrebek

Post by Anikarnikrebek » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:54 am

fintel wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:14 am
Anikarnikrebek wrote:
Betelgeuse, thank you!
Are hospitals in Finland better than Germany or what's the reason for the move?
Hi! The reason is that I have a family there, I don't have a good, detailed view of the two country's health system to compare.

paintballsean

Post by paintballsean » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:23 pm

Sorry to hear about your cancer. I have my grandmother dealing with it and it is not something that is good. I wish you the best in your situation. I wish i even had quality healthcare but I'm from America where it ain't a right.

fintel

Post by fintel » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:48 pm

paintballsean wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:23 pm
Sorry to hear about your cancer. I have my grandmother dealing with it and it is not something that is good. I wish you the best in your situation. I wish i even had quality healthcare but I'm from America where it ain't a right.
I hope you find a cancer free gay finnish partner soon. Amen.
Image ulkomaalaisella henkilöä

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:15 pm

Anikarnikrebek wrote:
Then your first route isn't a residence permit.
Anikarnikrebek wrote:
There's not much special about having a registered address. Rent an apartment and notify the authorities, for example.