got negative RP decision

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Foziaasif

got negative RP decision

Post by Foziaasif » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:03 pm

Hi all,
I have got admission in Finland in a master program on 100% scholarship.I have applied RP in july in Abu Dhabi embassy .I also applied my husband and kids PR.I sold my own and mother s residential plots to show my means of support.In august ,migri demanded supplement request on my origin of funds.I provided them and on 3rd november they informed me about my negative RP decision.The objection was,origin of funds are not credible.Now i am confused what to do ?if i go for appeal then it will take time and i heard that chances are very little to succeed.If i reapply then it will cost me more than enough because i have to arrange 5 air tickets,hotel stay ect.Appeal fee and new application for RP fee is same.Should i have to look for a sponsor or again attach my own bank statement?
I am a new member here.Please give me suggetions .
Thanking all of you in anticipation.

got negative RP decision

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

fintel

Re: got negative RP decision

Post by fintel » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:34 am

You should apply again but this time include details of the property sale and evidence of funds. However, because you are bringing three dependents with you (2 kids and a husband) you need to show substantial funds to support them. Let's say 700 eur per person monthly expenses for each family member comes down to 2800 EUR per month. This is easily be over 50,000 EUR for the entire 2 year study period in Finland. It is a hard sell to migri that you will be able to accommodate this and support your family. If you have this much cash sitting in your bank account, it is also hard to convince the embassy that you just got it from some inheritance money or by selling a piece of land in your home country. The paper trail for such things can get long and difficult to prove. The main problem with your application is the number of dependents.

In your next application, do not include the family and try to apply alone as a single applicant. If you do not declare dependents, you will not have to show a huge sum of money in your bank account and the financial support evidence requirements drop significantly. Once you have a visa for yourself, you can then invite the rest of your family later when you are in Finland. Once in Finland you can also apply for a work permit as well after completing some course credit hours, and after working a few months and getting salary slips to demonstrate regular income, you will have a better chance of bringing your family to Finalnd.

If Finland doesn't work out you can try a different country altogether. Sweden is great for family study based visas and their rejection rate is low but I think you will have to wait till next year!
Image ulkomaalaisella henkilöä

rinso

Post by rinso » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:06 am

It is indeed hard to believe that someone will give away a plot of land with considerable value to let it be used for study financing. (You're expected to use the money, not give it back after some time.) It is logical that Migri suspects a scam. And for any future attempt, Migri will look at this one and wonder.
The best option indeed is to try again but as a single person. Maybe the scholarship is enough for that.

Foziaasif

Post by Foziaasif » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:38 am

Thank you fintel and rinso for such detailed reply.I am collecting my courage for re applying my first rp alone.I do not want to loose hope and my career.
Please keep me in your prayers.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:29 pm

Foziaasif wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:38 am
Thank you fintel and rinso for such detailed reply.I am collecting my courage for re applying my first rp alone.I do not want to loose hope and my career.
Please keep me in your prayers.
You could try to improve the credibility of the funds by moving them to Europe to accounts like Transferwise borderless.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:33 pm

Foziaasif wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:03 pm
Should i have to look for a sponsor or again attach my own bank statement?
” Sponsorship agreements provided by relatives, friends or employers are not acceptable. The funds must be in your own bank account.”

https://migri.fi/en/means-of-support