selfpaid healthcare

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Charlotte Demidov

selfpaid healthcare

Post by Charlotte Demidov » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:00 pm

according to Migri my boyfriend needs to sponsor me so i can live in Finland when we marry until i get a job. So we have to find a healthcare for me. Do i get this from Kela and does anyone know how much i have to pay for it?

selfpaid healthcare

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: selfpaid healthcare

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:13 pm

Charlotte Demidov wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:00 pm
according to Migri my boyfriend needs to sponsor me so i can live in Finland when we marry until i get a job. So we have to find a healthcare for me. Do i get this from Kela and does anyone know how much i have to pay for it?
How soon are you planning to marry after moving?

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:29 pm

If you married you will get Kela card, if you want to have own private insurance it's your decision. Also with Kela you can claim unemployment benefits if you get into the integration program.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:22 pm

tavastia wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:29 pm
If you married you will get Kela card
Only when legally living in Finland.
Which is the main question.
tavastia wrote:
you can claim unemployment benefits if you get into the integration program.
Unemployment benefits do not depend on being in an integration program.

Charlotte Demidov

Post by Charlotte Demidov » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:42 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:22 pm
tavastia wrote:
tavastia wrote:
you can claim unemployment benefits if you get into the integration program.
Unemployment benefits do not depend on being in an integration program.
We will marry before i move to Finland. We re just not sure whether to marry in Germany or in Finland. We get married in April and i plan to move in June.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:57 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:22 pm
tavastia wrote:
An EU citizen married to a Finnish citizen must neglect being in contact with Migri to end up being illegally in the country (with national safety etc exceptions) as the first three months come without conditions and residence while Migri processes things is legal.
Charlotte Demidov wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:42 pm
We will marry before i move to Finland. We re just not sure whether to marry in Germany or in Finland. We get married in April and i plan to move in June.
Spouses of Finnish citizens get a municipality of residence and are fully covered by the Finnish healthcare system.

Charlotte Demidov

Post by Charlotte Demidov » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:31 pm

An EU citizen married to a Finnish citizen must neglect being in contact with Migri to end up being illegally in the country (with national safety etc exceptions) as the first three months come without conditions and residence while Migri processes things is legal.
Charlotte Demidov wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:42 pm
Spouses of Finnish citizens get a municipality of residence and are fully covered by the Finnish healthcare system.
[/quote]

When i called Migri they said just because of being married i cannot stay in Finland but I will get healthcare..a little bit complicated...
So if i should stay away from Migri where do i register myself? Registration Office?

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:16 am

Once you marry you can register right of residence as EU citizen. Register paper is issued normally on the spot when you visit Migri. Why you make it so complicated? 🤔

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:02 am

Charlotte Demidov wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:31 pm
When i called Migri they said just because of being married i cannot stay in Finland but I will get healthcare..a little bit complicated...
So if i should stay away from Migri where do i register myself? Registration Office?
All foreigners must eventually register with Migri.

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:46 pm

tavastia wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:16 am
Once you marry you can register right of residence as EU citizen. Register paper is issued normally on the spot when you visit Migri. Why you make it so complicated? 🤔
I got my right of residence after 2 months. Then I applied for my family. My child is also an EU citizen. They still didn't give him on the spot. I showed them where in there website says immediately. They said it means as fast as possible.