after the transition period

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
sgroves93

Post by sgroves93 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:59 pm

Hi people

I moved from britain to finland about 5 months ago, got my EU citizens right of residence form done and passed "the test". So now I'm wondering what will happen after 2020 when the transition period ends? I can't be kicked out on short notice :?: I don't rely on any benefits, I have an apartment and I'm self employed if this matters.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: after the transition period

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:47 pm

sgroves93 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:59 pm
I moved from britain to finland about 5 months ago, got my EU citizens right of residence form done and passed "the test". So now I'm wondering what will happen after 2020 when the transition period ends? I can't be kicked out on short notice :?: I don't rely on any benefits, I have an apartment and I'm self employed if this matters.
You can continue to live in Finland. Follow this page:

"You must submit an application to change your EU registration into the right of residence under the withdrawal agreement. The objective is that the application can be submitted during the transition period between 1 October 2020 and 30 June 2021."

https://migri.fi/en/brexit/en