Health care while waiting for maistratti to register municipality of residence

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
aakalim

Post by aakalim » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:55 pm

My wife already has an rp (A type). She has applied to register her municipality of residence in maistratti, but her application will take 2 months.

My question is; will she be entitled to municipality health service within these 2 months? What if she needs some urgent medical care? I have heard that the health costs from this period can be reimbursed since the date of municipality resisteration is considered the date on which you apply rathen than the date on which you are granted municipality of residence. Can anyone confirm this? I have asked both kela and the municipal heath centre and none of them is sure if the costs will be reimbursed.

This is important because if i have to pay out of my pocket, then it is better to go to private heath care. But right now i don't know.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Health care while waiting for maistratti to register municipality of residence

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:04 pm

aakalim wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:55 pm
My wife already has an rp (A type). She has applied to register her municipality of residence in maistratti, but her application will take 2 months.

My question is; will she be entitled to municipality health service within these 2 months? What if she needs some urgent medical care? I have heard that the health costs from this period can be reimbursed since the date of municipality resisteration is considered the date on which you apply rathen than the date on which you are granted municipality of residence. Can anyone confirm this? I have asked both kela and the municipal heath centre and none of them is sure if the costs will be reimbursed.

This is important because if i have to pay out of my pocket, then it is better to go to private heath care. But right now i don't know.
Instead of answering again here’s the link to the previous thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=99161&p=588638#p588638

aakalim

Re: Health care while waiting for maistratti to register municipality of residence

Post by aakalim » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:15 pm

Thanks for your answer in both the threads.

duygu

Post by duygu » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:01 pm

I have the same issue. I have to see a doctor for a health problem that has been bothering me and that occurred after I moved to Finland but it will probably be seen as not urgent, like losing your leg in an accident or so. I have been waiting for my registration for the last 7 weeks. It is so bothering.
Тише едешь, дальше будешь.