Staying in finland while waiting for the residence permit

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Koka201910

Post by Koka201910 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:42 pm

Hello im coming to finland on april with my finnish wife and we will get married there and apply for the residence permit , ill come with visitor visa which ends on 30 of april so how can i stay legaly till i can have the decision about my permit ?

And do you guys think thats good idea to stay in finland and wait for the decision or its better to stay in my country ? Knowing that i can handle my self financially for 9 months in finland

And do you think that sharing address with my wife and she being pregnant would help in having the decision faster?

Thank you

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Staying in finland while waiting for the residence permit

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:01 am

Koka201910 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:42 pm
And do you guys think thats good idea to stay in finland and wait for the decision or its better to stay in my country ? Knowing that i can handle my self financially for 9 months in finland
Think of it as a vacation to spend time with your pregnant wife and then also with your newborn child.
Koka201910 wrote:
And do you think that sharing address with my wife and she being pregnant would help in having the decision faster?
No.
If you are staying in Finland while waiting for the decision, then sharing the address with your wife is the normal situation.
Processing time would be the same if you would apply for the same residence permit as father of an underage Finnish citizen.

betelgeuse

Re: Staying in finland while waiting for the residence permit

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:38 pm

Koka201910 wrote:
Hello im coming to finland on april with my finnish wife and we will get married there and apply for the residence permit , ill come with visitor visa which ends on 30 of april so how can i stay legaly till i can have the decision about my permit ?
A pending application is basis for legal residence.