Questions about Spouse Resident Permit application

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
RazaAhmed

Post by RazaAhmed » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:31 am

After much delay, my wife (Finnish citizen) and I are finally able to proceed with filling the resident permit application.

In short, my wife and I had a problem with legalising our marriage certificate due to there being no Finnish embassy in my country.
Local register office wouldn't approve our marriage legally in Finland, hence we couldn't get a legalised marriage certificate, hence couldn't apply for the resident permit.

Migri finally gave us the green flag to submit for the resident permit as they understood the issue.
I wanted to ask a few questions to make sure we fill it to the best of our ability.

1) She has been divorced before, so is it necessary to explain the reasons for divorces?

2)How many, if any, pictures, chat logs, etc should we upload? There doesn't seem to be much space in the application for photos. Some people have said it isn't nessessary, and I'm very confused on what the best way to proceed would be?

3)I wrote a brief summary of the legalisation issue and how its cost us 5 months already and why our marriage certificate isn't legalized according to Finnish/EU standards. Is that acceptable to write?

Finally guys, is there anything else that we should include that I might be forgetting? Do you guys have any suggestions on how to ensure we do this as correctly as possible?

I just want to give them as complete details as I can and am already very nervous.

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide, guys.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Questions about Spouse Resident Permit application

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:57 am

RazaAhmed wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:31 am
1) She has been divorced before, so is it necessary to explain the reasons for divorces?
In Finland one spouse files for divorce, and 6 months later the divorce is granted by the court.
No agreement is required from the other spouse, and the court does not care about reasons.
One divorce is pretty normal in Finland.
RazaAhmed wrote:
2)How many, if any, pictures, chat logs, etc should we upload? There doesn't seem to be much space in the application for photos. Some people have said it isn't nessessary, and I'm very confused on what the best way to proceed would be?
Everything migri wants is asked in the application form.
RazaAhmed wrote:
3)I wrote a brief summary of the legalisation issue and how its cost us 5 months already and why our marriage certificate isn't legalized according to Finnish/EU standards. Is that acceptable to write?
RazaAhmed wrote:
Migri finally gave us the green flag to submit for the resident permit as they understood the issue.
Why are you explaining to migri what has already been approved by migri?
Just attach a copy of the letter where migri gave you green flag.

RazaAhmed

Re: Questions about Spouse Resident Permit application

Post by RazaAhmed » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:24 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:57 am
RazaAhmed wrote:
In Finland one spouse files for divorce, and 6 months later the divorce is granted by the court.
No agreement is required from the other spouse, and the court does not care about reasons.
One divorce is pretty normal in Finland.
Noted. She's had 2 divorces in total, so that's the reason I had a concern.
RazaAhmed wrote:
Everything migri wants is asked in the application form.

My thoughts were similar, but I read many people here talking about submitting pictures, chat logs, and that's what really lead me to confusion. I was curious to know if I should just submit without submitting any of those things or not, since most people here mention attaching pictures, chats, etc in PDFs.
RazaAhmed wrote:
RazaAhmed wrote:
Why are you explaining to migri what has already been approved by migri?
Just attach a copy of the letter where migri gave you green flag.
I reckon it has to do with a slight fear that they may question us on why it isn't legalized by a FInnish Embassy, so I considered clearing it up once more.
Thanks for your help.