Proof of Marriage for independent Residence Permit

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
helloespoo

Post by helloespoo » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:08 pm

I am in a bit of a tricky situation and I would appreciate it if someone could help me.

My wife currently lives in Finland and she has a valid Residence Permit. Now recently I am in talks with a company to move there with an Independent Residence permit. But however, when I am filling up the respective form at enterfinland.fi e-services, it's asking me whether my spouse lives in Finland or not?

In case, I say yes and provide all her details, during my interview will I be asked to submit my marriage certificate or any other proofs regarding me and my spouse?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Proof of Marriage for independent Residence Permit

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:51 am

helloespoo wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:08 pm
My wife currently lives in Finland and she has a valid Residence Permit. Now recently I am in talks with a company to move there with an Independent Residence permit. But however, when I am filling up the respective form at enterfinland.fi e-services, it's asking me whether my spouse lives in Finland or not?

In case, I say yes and provide all her details, during my interview will I be asked to submit my marriage certificate or any other proofs regarding me and my spouse?
The application form states what documents you have to provide.
When applying for a residence permit for a job this does not include a marriage certificate.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:32 pm

Do not omit information like that from your application. Tell the truth 100% because later on your residence permit can be revoked. They wouldn’t need proof of marriage for work based permit.

helloespoo

Post by helloespoo » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:05 pm

heretostay wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:32 pm
Do not omit information like that from your application. Tell the truth 100% because later on your residence permit can be revoked. They wouldn’t need proof of marriage for work based permit.
I am not going to omit any information, I am just trying to gather as much info as possible before applying for the visa. Thanks for your help.

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:56 am

helloespoo wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:05 pm
heretostay wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:32 pm
I am not going to omit any information, I am just trying to gather as much info as possible before applying for the visa. Thanks for your help.
Not visa. It is RP. Visa is only for visiting purposes