Employment termination while 4 years of work RP

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
rerwrs

Post by rerwrs » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:31 pm

Hello

Is it possible to apply permanent permit(P type, not A!!) with temporary contract job which lasts 6 months to one year? Has anyone have any experience on this?

I have been living with my finn partner for 1 year and 8 months. I saw I can get RP with cohabitation. Can I apply Permenant RP (P type, which does not require extension anymore) also with this basis on January 2021?

Thank you beforehand!
Eb.
Last edited by rerwrs on Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Employment termination while 4 years of work RP

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:04 am

rerwrs wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:31 pm
So I am planning to get a job back from June. but I am not sure if I can get a permanent job like I used to have(most likely I will be able to get 6 months to one year contract job easily considering my field at least)
What is your field?
rerwrs wrote:
My questions is, Is it possible to apply permanent permit(P type, not A!!) with temporary contract job which lasts 6 months to one year? Has anyone have any experience on this?
You can get P if you are eligible for getting A (not B!!).
rerwrs wrote:
And..I have been unemployed for 2 months and migri knows it now so they requested me to submit my latest work contract and payslips which I did (I still had payslips available till this March). I did not get an answer yet, I am very worried that they will deport me. So will Migri give any mercy for someone to look for a job?...or as soon as job overs then deport?
Your residence permit can be cancelled when the reason for granting you a residence permit no longer exists.
How Migri handles this in practice differs, if you are worried the safest option is to look for a job.
rerwrs wrote:
And for my last option, I have been living with my finn partner for 1 year and 8 months. I saw I can get RP with cohabitation. Can I apply Permenant RP (P type, which does not require extension anymore) also with this basis on January 2021?
If you fulfill the requirements for this residence permit you can.

rinso

Post by rinso » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:14 am

It indeed depends on how well you fulfill the requirements for a continues permit. And how Migri interprets the situation.
A temp contract will not be sufficient I think. The cohabitation option might work. But again it depends on interpretation.
And the intention to leave the country for 4 years will not work in your favor. (I vaguely remember that a permit could be cancelled if you leave the country for a longer period.)

rerwrs

Post by rerwrs » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:06 pm

rinso wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:14 am
It indeed depends on how well you fulfill the requirements for a continues permit. And how Migri interprets the situation.
A temp contract will not be sufficient I think. The cohabitation option might work. But again it depends on interpretation.
And the intention to leave the country for 4 years will not work in your favor. (I vaguely remember that a permit could be cancelled if you leave the country for a longer period.)
I do not have intention to leave the country for 4 years. What I meant on my text was that I am currently having 4 years of work basis RP but I have been unemployed for 2 months and Migri knows it so I need to either change my RP basis or get back to work to stay here. I am going to contact Migri to ask on Tuesday but I was just worried to wait till that time so wanted to hear from someone who has gone through similar case with me :roll:

rerwrs

Post by rerwrs » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:14 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:04 am
rerwrs wrote:
So I am planning to get a job back from June. but I am not sure if I can get a permanent job like I used to have(most likely I will be able to get 6 months to one year contract job easily considering my field at least)
What is your field?
rerwrs wrote:
My questions is, Is it possible to apply permanent permit(P type, not A!!) with temporary contract job which lasts 6 months to one year? Has anyone have any experience on this?
You can get P if you are eligible for getting A (not B!!).
rerwrs wrote:
And..I have been unemployed for 2 months and migri knows it now so they requested me to submit my latest work contract and payslips which I did (I still had payslips available till this March). I did not get an answer yet, I am very worried that they will deport me. So will Migri give any mercy for someone to look for a job?...or as soon as job overs then deport?
Your residence permit can be cancelled when the reason for granting you a residence permit no longer exists.
How Migri handles this in practice differs, if you are worried the safest option is to look for a job.
rerwrs wrote:
And for my last option, I have been living with my finn partner for 1 year and 8 months. I saw I can get RP with cohabitation. Can I apply Permenant RP (P type, which does not require extension anymore) also with this basis on January 2021?
If you fulfill the requirements for this residence permit you can.
I am in health care field and my work permit is non-limited one.
My point was that, can I get permanent RP(pysyvä) with job contract of 6 months to one year although I got current 4 years work RP with permanent job I used to have?
I understand that the safest option for me is to get job but hard to get permanent one right away.
I will contact Migri next week Tuesday but was just too worried that wanted to hear from someone who has gone through similar case like me.