Moving to finald in the future

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Husky

Post by Husky » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:54 pm

Hello,
well I have a few question I'd hope someone could have some answers here :)
I'm intending on moving to Finland in a few years to live there the rest of my life, I have my own reason but mostly I dont want to live where I'm at right now.
I have served 3 years in the army and about to work for the security department for about 3 years.
My best option to get a residence permit is work, as I intend to get a citizenship.
I intend to keep working as security department even on Finland as That is what I love doing (More of a special units kind of service)
My questions are;
1) Can I first come to Finland as a tourist and then find a job and get a residence permit through it?
2) Can I work at security job after I get a residence permit?
3) Would the police accept my apply with a residence permit? Or do I have to get citizenship? (Would it accept a forgiener to work for them?)
4) Can I buy an apartment or a house with just a residence permit or even without it?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Moving to finald in the future

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:03 pm

Husky wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:54 pm
I have my own reason but mostly I dont want to live where I'm at right now.
Have you ever been to Finland?
You sound like someone from the US with weird imaginations of Finland from the internet, that are pretty detached from reality in Finland.
Husky wrote:
1) Can I first come to Finland as a tourist and then find a job and get a residence permit through it?
Yes.

Whether anyone would offer you a job is a different question.
Are your language skills already good enough that you feel comfortable going to a job interview in Finnish?
Husky wrote:
You need a job offer first if you want to apply for a residence permit for work.
The employment office will then make an assessment whether there would be unemployed people available who could work in this job instead of you.
After 4 months you will get a decision, if it is positive you can start working.
Husky wrote:
3) Would the police accept my apply with a residence permit? Or do I have to get citizenship? (Would it accept a forgiener to work for them?)
Citizenship is required.
The Bachelor studies for becoming a police officer are offered only in the official languages of Finland, not in foreign languages.
Husky wrote:
4) Can I buy an apartment or a house with just a residence permit or even without it?
Yes.

Getting a mortgage is not possible in the first years after moving to Finland for obvious reasons.
Owning an apartment or a house in Finland is not a reason for being granted a residence permit.

rinso

Post by rinso » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:40 am

The employment office will then make an assessment whether there would be unemployed people available who could work in this job instead of you.
And with the ongoing crises, the answer will be that there will be plenty of unemployed Finns for the job. So no residence permit for you.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:55 pm

rinso wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:40 am
And with the ongoing crises, the answer will be that there will be plenty of unemployed Finns for the job. So no residence permit for you.
Not all jobs require the labor market evaluation. Any way, an employer can get binding advance information which needs to be given without delay.

"Työnantaja voi pyytää maksuttoman ennakkotiedon työntekijän oleskeluluvan myöntämisen edellytyksistä. Ennakkotietoa haetaan TEM054-lomakkeella, josta valitaan kohta "hakemus ennakkotiedon saamiseksi". TE-toimiston on annettava ennakkotieto viipymättä. "

https://www.te-palvelut.fi/te/fi/tyonan ... index.html

Mackee23

Post by Mackee23 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:29 pm

Husky wrote:
Hello,
well I have a few question I'd hope someone could have some answers here :)
I'm intending on moving to Finland in a few years to live there the rest of my life, I have my own reason but mostly I dont want to live where I'm at right now.
I have served 3 years in the army and about to work for the security department for about 3 years.
My best option to get a residence permit is work, as I intend to get a citizenship.
I intend to keep working as security department even on Finland as That is what I love doing (More of a special units kind of service)
My questions are;
It is very difficult to answer your questions without knowing more information. Such as what your nationality is, your Finnish language skills (if any), do you have family here, etc.