First residence permit for the spouse

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Seekingforhope

Post by Seekingforhope » Thu May 14, 2020 11:31 pm

I am a Finn and we applied for the first residence permit of my wife in a Finnish mission abroad on late November 2019. We are still waiting for the decision. I was wondering if anybody with similar situation has got a decision recently. If yes when did you apply for it. It might help to know how much longer we should wait.
I know it's different case by case but it also great to know other's situation.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

fintel

Re: First residence permit for the spouse

Post by fintel » Sat May 16, 2020 2:07 pm

Seekingforhope wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:31 pm
I am a Finn and we applied for the first residence permit of my wife in a Finnish mission abroad on late November 2019. We are still waiting for the decision. I was wondering if anybody with similar situation has got a decision recently. If yes when did you apply for it. It might help to know how much longer we should wait.
The usual time frame is anywhere from 2 to 12 months, however, due to the coronavirus situation there may be further delays. Which country did you apply in?
Image ulkomaalaisella henkilöä

Seekingforhope

Post by Seekingforhope » Sat May 16, 2020 8:45 pm

fintel wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:07 pm
Seekingforhope wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:31 pm
The usual time frame is anywhere from 2 to 12 months, however, due to the coronavirus situation there may be further delays. Which country did you apply in?
Turkey

burcucoskunsu

Post by burcucoskunsu » Sun May 17, 2020 4:24 pm

Hi, I applied on September 2019 and on May 14 my application moved to in progress phase. I think you might wait one more month for the next phase but I don't know how long will it take until the final decision.

Seekingforhope

Post by Seekingforhope » Sun May 17, 2020 10:14 pm

burcucoskunsu wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:24 pm
Hi, I applied on September 2019 and on May 14 my application moved to in progress phase. I think you might wait one more month for the next phase but I don't know how long will it take until the final decision.
Thanks. Since February, it's on the second stage for my wife. It would be great if you share with me when you get your decision. I'll try to do the same if something happens here.

Nofisat

Post by Nofisat » Thu May 21, 2020 11:38 pm

I applied on October 28 2019. Proved my identity on Feb 12 2020, moved to stage 2 ( in progress) on may 15 and some questions was also posted to hubby same day . Waiting for final decision now. Hoping for the best

I was served a positive decision yesterday 26/05/2020.
Last edited by Nofisat on Wed May 27, 2020 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

burcucoskunsu

Post by burcucoskunsu » Fri May 22, 2020 1:09 am

Hi again, my phase for second step took two working days. They checked my file on May 14 and I got the decision on May 19. By the way I applied as a cohabiting partner with 2-year rental agreement. Duration time might change if you're married. Sometimes it might take long if you've just married or if they need an interview. I downloaded all holiday pictures, flight tickets and hotel reservations when I was applying. Maybe this might be helpful if you didn't. I hope the best for you.
Last edited by burcucoskunsu on Fri May 22, 2020 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

darubillah

Post by darubillah » Fri May 22, 2020 10:14 am

burcucoskunsu wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:09 am
Hi again, my phase for second step took two working days. They checked my file on May 14 and I got the decision on May 19. By the way I applied as a cohabiting partner with 2-year rental agreement. Duration time might change if you're married. Sometimes it might take long if you've just married or if they need an interview. I downloaded all holiday pictures, flight tickets and hotel reservations when I was applying. Maybe this might be helpful if you didn't. I hope the best for you.
what was the second phase?, I have applied for same term on cohabitation, Right now it shows its in process they asked for supplementary questions which i answered. how much time it took for your case to get answer after that?

Following is my status timeline. Please post yours as well.

4/21/2020 We have received your application and it is pending.
4/27/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

4/29/2020 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
5/8/2020 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.
5/13/2020 Your application is waiting for your reply to a request for supplementary information.
5/14/2020 You have replied to a request for supplementary information.

Solariceblue

Post by Solariceblue » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:30 pm

darubillah wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:14 am

4/21/2020 We have received your application and it is pending.
4/27/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

4/29/2020 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
5/8/2020 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.
5/13/2020 Your application is waiting for your reply to a request for supplementary information.
5/14/2020 You have replied to a request for supplementary information.
Did you apply in Finland? That looks like a smooth processing for being an abroad one, plus the fact that on April 29 Finnish missions abroad were most likely closed.

scarlet21

Post by scarlet21 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:09 am

Hi..
How long typically Stage 2 (In Processing) for spouse permit ?

The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.

It has been a month in this stage without any further information, e.g., supplemental request.

thanks

pina95

Post by pina95 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Hey Scarlet21, have you heard anything get?

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:20 am

scarlet21 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:09 am
Hi..
How long typically Stage 2 (In Processing) for spouse permit ?
Could be anything... From 1 day to 9 months.

Solariceblue

Post by Solariceblue » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:29 pm

Phase 2 waiting time took 6 days for me. They started to work on my application on June 17 and sent a request for additional information on 23. I answered to the request now, will see how long it will take. Idk if my spouse got a request as well, he's on vacation now...

Solariceblue

Post by Solariceblue » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:32 pm

Probably waiting time depends on how many 3rd parties they'd like to interrogate to solve your case, and how long it would take for them to respond.

renzeeyeo

Post by renzeeyeo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:58 am

This is mine, i applied Extended residence permit application on the basis of family ties..

1/26/2020 We have received your application and it is pending.
1/27/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

1/27/2020 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi

4/8/2020 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.

and until now still on 2nd phase. ( on process )