Any Indian students in Finland ?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
prasadgopalkrishnan

Post by prasadgopalkrishnan » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:42 pm

Hi,
I am a student from India and looking forward to doing my masters in wireless communications/telecomm in finland ... i am very keen on studying in finland and would like to know which universities offer courses purely in english . also what are the job prospects in finland .. help needed ...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:46 pm

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:23 am

There is 'Wolverine', he was planning on coming over but apparently got his visa turned down, try to see if he has his email listed. Maybe you can share tips.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

distantspaces

Post by distantspaces » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:48 pm

Yes, that would be me...

Indian and studying in Finland. Well, about to finish my studies now, but busy with a job.

Atleast HUT, where I study (http://www.hut.fi) offers many courses in English. I am not sure about the other universities, but a quick search through their websites would answer your questions.

About job prospects....it is tough. Even tougher if you are a foreigner. Come prepared to blow up all your savings and waiting for a job opportunity. If you are lucky, you might land up a job related to your skills soon enough. I know Indians who are still jobless after 2 years of being here, and then there are others who got good jobs quite fast with IT companies.

Read through the experiences of other foreigners on this BB - that would give you an idea.

Hope that helps a little!

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:59 pm

As a sidenote, from todays news IIRC verkkouutiset; Ebookers has employed 5 finns to work in their callcenter in India.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:10 am

distantspaces wrote:Yes, that would be me...
Are you Gul Wiqar?

distantspaces

Post by distantspaces » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:54 pm

olly wrote:
distantspaces wrote:Yes, that would be me...
Are you Gul Wiqar?
No, that name does not ring a bell. I am just an Indian studying in Finland :-)

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:41 pm

distantspaces wrote:No, that name does not ring a bell. I am just an Indian studying in Finland :-)
One of my work colleagues is an Indian that studies Telecommunications at HUT and goes by that name. When you said you were an Indian that studies Telecommunications at HUT, I thought you might be he :!: I think he's on his 2nd semester maybe?

sarang_thombre

Admission for Telecommunication studies in Finland

Post by sarang_thombre » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:14 pm

Hi, i am Sarang Thombre... I am an Indian and I am seeking admission to graduate studies in Finland in the field of Telecommunications... I wish to apply to HUT and TUT... Could anyone help me in determining what roughly are my chances to get admitted there?

BE % 67.2..University of Pune..GRE=1370/1600 and Toefl=287/300

Mr. GopalKrishnan, did you get an admission in a Finnish university? Could you provide me with a few tips about the application process? Thanks in advance!!!!