Immigration consultant/lawyer recommendations for residence permits

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
betelgeuse

Re: Immigration consultant/lawyer recommendations for residence permits

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:44 am

FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:15 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:44 pm
From an effectiveness perspective I should add that WHO is of the opinion that travel bans are not that useful: "Travel bans to affected areas or denial of entry to passengers coming from affected areas are usually not effective in preventing the importation of cases but may have a significant economic and social impact."

https://www.who.int/news-room/articles- ... 9-outbreak
That's ancient information from February, and related to the rationale the Swedes used when trying to protect their economy instead of their people.
Nothing indicates that WHO wouldn't still consider the advise current.
FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:15 pm
Vietnam has a population of 96 million and 0 COVID-19 deaths.
People in New Zealand are happy that life is back to normal.

What would be the economic and social impact if Autumn in Finland would be like April?
Not having a travel ban doesn't mean uncontrolled access. WHO does recommend various actions at point of entry.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:31 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:47 pm
FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:21 pm
What ministers from other parties are claiming something would be required when in fact it isn't?

Most Finns have some amount of dignity and honesty, even politicians.
” Pääsääntönä on, että kaikki sisärajojen yli Suomeen saapuvat henkilöt ovat Suomessa oleskelunsa aikana velvollisia noudattamaan Suomen terveysviranomaisten ohjeistusta ja pysymään karanteenia vastaavissa olosuhteissa 14 vuorokauden ajan viimeisestä Suomeen saapumisesta lukien.”

The language used by Ohisalo is from the government. The government (valtioneuvosto) is composed of ministers from all the government parties.
Is her job title minister or press secretary?
As you said it would not even have been controversial had she proposed legislation for that.

What ministers from parties other than the Green League are also claiming something would be required when in fact it isn't?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:56 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:31 am
Is her job title minister or press secretary?
As you said it would not even have been controversial had she proposed legislation for that.
The responsible ministry for the Border Guard is The Ministry of the Interior. The rapporteur (who has personal responsibility for things they present) was the deputy chief of the Boarder Guard. In addition it's the duty of the Chancellor of Justice to oversee government decisions. It's not clear to what degree the ministers were aware of the problems as obviously the people whose job it would have been to avoid them did not do so.

Who else do you think should give statements to the press than the responsible minister?

Any way this is somewhat off topic, so we should probably keep this thread to the original matter.
FinlandGirl wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:31 am
What ministers from parties other than the Green League are also claiming something would be required when in fact it isn't?
Here's, for example, the prime minister (SDP) giving a similar statement: "Hallitus päätti tänään, että yli 70-vuotiaat joutuvat pysymään karanteenia vastaavissa olosuhteissa vielä toistaiseksi. Marin sanoi, että hallitus ymmärtää huolen, joka liittyy ikäihmisten tilanteeseen."

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11334948

jaanmatti

Post by jaanmatti » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:14 pm

Based on my experience with Migri:

If you're registering based on anything else than work (being employed) or studies, get a consultant. I didn't and am now suffering the consequences.

The system is quite straightforward for students and employees, but if you come as self-employed or just with enough funds, the entire process breaks down. Because it seems like even Migri employees don't know the requirements.

I'm an EU national who just applied for a simple EU residency permit based on starting a local business, but because Migri did not clearly communicate what type of information they need on the application, I didn't get automatically approved at the service point. They said it will take up to 1 more month, but later they told me that the waiting time is up to one year.

So get a consultant to make sure your paperwork is all in order, in order for Migri to be able to verify you at the service point. If they can't, they'll push your case to the bottom of the pile and you may be waiting for up to a year to get approved.

Good luck!

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:51 pm

jaanmatti wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:14 pm

If you're registering based on anything else than work (being employed) or studies, get a consultant. I didn't and am now suffering the consequences.

The system is quite straightforward for students and employees, but if you come as self-employed or just with enough funds, the entire process breaks down. Because it seems like even Migri employees don't know the requirements.

I'm an EU national who just applied for a simple EU residency permit based on starting a local business, but because Migri did not clearly communicate what type of information they need on the application, I didn't get automatically approved at the service point. They said it will take up to 1 more month, but later they told me that the waiting time is up to one year.

So get a consultant to make sure your paperwork is all in order, in order for Migri to be able to verify you at the service point. If they can't, they'll push your case to the bottom of the pile and you may be waiting for up to a year to get approved.
Given that the default is: "A registration certificate shall be issued immediately, stating the name and address of the person registering and the date of the registration."

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 1)&from=EN

Taking a year on an application would be clearly problematic and something of interest to the Office of the Parliamentary Ombudsman.

https://www.oikeusasiamies.fi/en/web/guest

jaanmatti

Post by jaanmatti » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:16 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:51 pm
jaanmatti wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:14 pm

Given that the default is: "A registration certificate shall be issued immediately, stating the name and address of the person registering and the date of the registration."

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 1)&from=EN

Taking a year on an application would be clearly problematic and something of interest to the Office of the Parliamentary Ombudsman.

https://www.oikeusasiamies.fi/en/web/guest
Thanks, I'll be contacting them