Spouse living apart

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
betelgeuse

Re: Spouse living apart

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:38 am

toystory wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:21 am
I have right of residence because of EU Spouse. My job is in a different city than my wife so we have been living separately for 6 months. When it is time to apply for permanent residence or citizenship, is migri going to be concerned with husband and wife spending lots of time apart in different cities?
EU family members do not need to apply for permanent residence. You have the right automatically once the residency requirements are satisfied.

There's no rule against living in separate cities so if they ask you just answer the questions.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:19 pm

toystory wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:52 pm
Helper wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:50 am
You should automatically apply for citizenship if still married to your spouse and can speak the language but if not, go for permanent if you are due. They will ask about living together i think but maybe it doesn't matter just answer the questions they ask straight forward. Work can keep people away from their family, but if really... However, if you are an EU citizen, all these don't apply to you.
Is language a requirement for the P Permit? (permanent).
The P permit is not relevant for family members of EU citizens.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:29 pm

Helper wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:51 pm
You can't be a finish citizen without good finish.
Let’s not discriminate against Swedish speakers.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:27 pm

Helper wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:50 pm
Yes ofc, we shouldn't but you could have been more specific, so he can understand. Because finish person is also a member of EU hey! So try to elaborate
Unless Surinder Singh applies, Finnish citizens are not under EU citizen rules for immigration purposes. I also can’t really fully parse your reply. Finnish has no unique status in Finland.