Confirmation on which documents to take with me to embassy appointment

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Dolandrop

Post by Dolandrop » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:08 am

Hi guys, this forum has been a well of information, and love the openness of the community to help each other, which is why I posted this question here.

I just received an appointment at the Finnish embassy for my my resident permit procedure and needed to confirm exactly which documents to make sure to bring with me, as I’m still a bit confused on the procedure.

So my spouse is a Finnish citizen and we were applying for my resident permit on those ties, and judging from the webpage, https://migri.fi/en/spouse-is-a-finnish-citizen

I figured I needed to bring with me:

-my valid passport
-Passport sized photographs of my spouse and I
-Coloured, passport copies of all marked pages
-form for clarification of family ties
-marriage certificate
-medical test results?(to prove I’m not a danger to public health)

Is there anything I am not taking into account or forgetting?

I wasn’t quite sure how I prove I am not a danger to public safety? Through a character certificate /criminal record?

Also, I have been told I need a FRC (Family registration certificate) made out and attested.
I didn’t see it required on the website, so just needed to confirm if any one here has also needed to take a Family Registration Certificate with them to their appointments.

Sorry if the questions sound too simple, I’m just not sure if I have everything prepared 100%.

Thank you in advanced for all of your help

How do I prove I’m not a danger to the public, is that some type of character certificate or criminal record?

Medical report? Clarification of family ties.
Passport sized photos, passport colour copies.

Is there anything I am missing.
Q
I

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Confirmation on which documents to take with me to embassy appointment

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:07 pm

Dolandrop wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:08 am
Hi guys, this forum has been a well of information, and love the openness of the community to help each other, which is why I posted this question here.

I just received an appointment at the Finnish embassy for my my resident permit procedure and needed to confirm exactly which documents to make sure to bring with me, as I’m still a bit confused on the procedure.

So my spouse is a Finnish citizen and we were applying for my resident permit on those ties, and judging from the webpage, https://migri.fi/en/spouse-is-a-finnish-citizen

I figured I needed to bring with me:

-my valid passport
-Passport sized photographs of my spouse and I
-Coloured, passport copies of all marked pages
-form for clarification of family ties
-marriage certificate
-medical test results?(to prove I’m not a danger to public health)

Is there anything I am not taking into account or forgetting?

I wasn’t quite sure how I prove I am not a danger to public safety? Through a character certificate /criminal record?

Also, I have been told I need a FRC (Family registration certificate) made out and attested.
I didn’t see it required on the website, so just needed to confirm if any one here has also needed to take a Family Registration Certificate with them to their appointments.

Sorry if the questions sound too simple, I’m just not sure if I have everything prepared 100%.

Thank you in advanced for all of your help

How do I prove I’m not a danger to the public, is that some type of character certificate or criminal record?

Medical report? Clarification of family ties.
Passport sized photos, passport colour copies.

Is there anything I am missing.
Q
I
By applying online with Enter Finland it will ask you to upload various attachments and then those are the documents you need to bring with you as originals.

cinta

Re: Confirmation on which documents to take with me to embassy appointment

Post by cinta » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:45 pm

So you have uploaded the attachments in Enter Finland as needed, correct? You should bring the originals and(/or) copies of those attachments to the embassy. I also applied for RP based on marriage with Finnish spouse and in my case, I didn't present any medical test result, criminal record, or FRC. If you're not sure you can call the embassy before your appointment day.