Means of support of a Finnish citizen's husband

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Leili60

Post by Leili60 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:24 pm

Hi, I got confused. Hope someone here can help me. I am Finnish citizen and want to marry someone outside EU. I am student at the moment. I heard that from 2016 application based on family tie of a Finnish citizen also has income requirement. There is nothing in migri page but some old online articles has been discussed it. If it is so I should wait until go to work and then marry. Please share with me if you have experience about it. Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Means of support of a Finnish citizen's husband

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Leili60 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:24 pm
Hi, I got confused. Hope someone here can help me. I am Finnish citizen and want to marry someone outside EU. I am student at the moment. I heard that from 2016 application based on family tie of a Finnish citizen also has income requirement. There is nothing in migri page but some old online articles has been discussed it. If it is so I should wait until go to work and then marry. Please share with me if you have experience about it. Thanks
The rules were never changed like that.

Leili60

Re: Means of support of a Finnish citizen's husband

Post by Leili60 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:59 pm

The rules were never changed like that.
[/quote]

So you mean there is no income requirement? I wonder why some people say that their friends with finnish passeord had to prove enough income that their spouse could get resident permit!!!!